Author Topic: New Releases-September 7th, 2019  (Read 16656 times)

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
Re: New Releases-September 7th, 2019
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 07:17:57 pm »
Whew, meant to post something much earlier, but I didn't get around to reading much until today.

To start with, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, Merry. I hope all goes well!

Thanks once again to Simon for so graciously taking the time to fix the error I made with my story for this week. It is greatly appreciated.

And speaking of Antithesis, thanks to CerebusOne, Fumanchu, BethanyP, and of course 321 himself for the kind words about the short. Like I said at the end of the story, the idea came about as a joke, and grew into something I never intended to write, but couldn't resist. It was fun, and I hope people were able to catch the few references that I managed to put in. Despite how it ended, I haven't quite decided if the story will continue, but I'm certainly not closed off to the idea. Perhaps someday, should the inspiration strike.

And now onto the main event!

Seems only natural to talk about Hostel first. Sometimes I feel like a broken record, but I love everything about 321's work. The characters, even the antagonists, are so wonderful (and wonderfully written!), the story is so engaging, and the hypnosis is just... flawless. I've never been disappointed, and this chapter is no exception to that. Well... I do have one complaint. It could have used more Jessica! I've heard some very intriguing theories about what might be happening... but I'll wait to see what unfolds first.

The Tickle War was a great piece, and I'm actually sad to see that it's already over. Very well written, and the scene near the beginning with her driving was pretty. dang. nice. I enjoyed the change of pace from the usual story, wherein everything is loving and friendly and lighthearted, and really reminds me of the story Crutch. Just a very sweet, lovely tale through and through.

I read The Spiral Girl as a result of a recommendation by a friend. Just fantastic descriptions of the induction and where things went with the girl. While I'm not a fan of Brandan, and the way he carries himself, I think the rest of the story more than made up for that. I did more or less predict what was going to happen with the character mentioned at the end (the tags hinted at it) but was actually surprised that the story pretty much confirmed it with the last sentence. Have to say, I am looking forward to seeing how things play out in the coming chapters.

Because of what CerebusOne said, I decided to check out Subscription Model. Admittedly I still have a lot of catch up to do, so I can't really say much about the story, certainly nothing about the recent chapter, but the premise seems interesting, and leaves me curious enough to continue. The quality of the writing certainly helps persuade me as well!

That's all I have to say for now! Hopefully I'll find time for more reading before the weekend. Gotta find something to keep me busy until there's more Hostel!

Thank you again to everyone that enjoyed Antithesis!!

PS. Regarding the TG ban. I believe that yes, it is strictly just for stories involving transformations between genders. From what I recall, it was partly because the MC was used as an excuse for the transformation and didn't really play into the story in any other way, and partly because of just how many such stories there were. At least that's what I recall reading. Could be off.

Offline nametag

• I am a llama!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 08:25:39 pm »
So would the ban effect an inadvertent TG story, as the character did it to them self and the MC is merely capitalizing on their ignorance

Offline grey_shadow

• Moderators
  • You want pictures now?
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 10:54:21 pm »
So would the ban effect an inadvertent TG story, as the character did it to them self and the MC is merely capitalizing on their ignorance

Ultimately, only Simon can say for sure where he draws the line. If the story followed the dad rather than the son, and focused on his new life after the pills' effect rather than the transformation period, then it would be a lot more likely to get rejected - evidently the story as it stands hasn't been, but we don't know how close to the line it came, nor if, rather than a line, there's a fuzzy area where the same exact story might get accepted one time and rejected another...
"Who do you serve, and who do you trust?" - Galen, Crusade

Looking for female subject(s) to explore hypnosis. PM me if you're interested.

Forum Creative Links

Offline nametag

• I am a llama!
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 02:36:08 am »
Or how far the transformation will go

Offline connie k

• Professor Rasputin's latest sidekick
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 10:23:47 am »
Thank you, Shadra!

The second part should be ... quite different, for all concerned.

:D

Offline mr potestas

• Embrace our journeys into passion
    • The Realms of Mr. Potestas
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 11:34:15 am »
Winter Horror Story (mc ff) (new)  by Chrysostomon
Mary is turned into a vampire.

Vampirism and MC erotica can be happy, bloody bedfellows. This well written and vivid piece was done with clear ease. The pacing was perfect, moving from carefree hopping in the snow to being taken by Lilith herself. This felt kind of like one of those gripping flashbacks in one of those contemporary vamp tales, many of which mediocre at best. All right, this was kinda predictable, and more than familiar. However, if you love vampires and erotica, this quickie is not to be missed.

Offline Merry Brooks

• 20's and 30's chorus girl. Twitter @Harleanlook
    • a robot wannabee's blog
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 05:14:12 pm »
Sadly found out Thursday that pretty much all is brain issue, will all things permitting write a little more on matter tomorrow when stronger
Find my stories at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/merrybrooks
Find my blog at http://robotunit8.wordpress.com/
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline connie k

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2019, 06:30:23 pm »
I'm so sorry, Jean. My heart aches that you have to deal with all this.

<3333333

Offline Writer345

• Life is too important to take seriously.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 02:21:39 am »
Sadly found out Thursday that pretty much all is brain issue, will all things permitting write a little more on matter tomorrow when stronger

I'm so sorry, Merry, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

er, has anyone seen my TARDIS?

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 08:01:25 am »
Thanks both of you. I'll get my computer expert when she gets back next weekend (Friday) as I suspect laptop isnt perfect either,but bulk is clearly me
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline MetaBob

• "Said it's old but it's good"
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 02:56:29 pm »
Wow, The Spiral Girl is outstanding! Ive liked connie k's stuff before, but this takes it to a whole new plane! Looking forward to the next installment, especially the turn I sense coming.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:06:27 pm by MetaBob »
My stories on Smashwords, EMCSA, and Literotica. Also, my Goodreads blog.

Offline connie k

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 11:16:37 am »
Thank you, so much, Bob!

Offline MetaBob

• "Said it's old but it's good"
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 03:50:30 pm »
You're very welcome, connie!

By the way, I tried sending my first PM through this site yesterday, to you, about the single word in The Spiral Girl that I stumbled over. Did you receive that PM?

No worries if you disagree with my thought ... I just wanted to learn if the message was sent (and received) since it didn't appear in my Sent Items. That may be a Setting somewhere, I don't know.
My stories on Smashwords, EMCSA, and Literotica. Also, my Goodreads blog.

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 06:15:38 pm »
By default, messages aren't saved to your outbox. There's a setting somewhere to always save them, or you can hit the checkbox below every message you send.

Offline walter_kovacs

• A.K.A. Alan Smithee on the Archive
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2019, 06:24:36 pm »
You're very welcome, connie!

By the way, I tried sending my first PM through this site yesterday, to you, about the single word in The Spiral Girl that I stumbled over. Did you receive that PM?

No worries if you disagree with my thought ... I just wanted to learn if the message was sent (and received) since it didn't appear in my Sent Items. That may be a Setting somewhere, I don't know.

Lol yep as Shadra says you have to enable messages being saved to the outbox. I got tripped up by that recently too!

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2019, 06:31:49 pm »
Might have actually been you that tipped me off to it xD I didn't change it until recently myself, and only cuz I saw it mentioned a week or two ago somewhere around here.

Offline connie k

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2019, 01:55:21 pm »
Yes, Bob, I got it and replied.

Thank you again!

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2019, 11:18:12 am »
Antithesis by Shadra

Yes, an interesting story coming out of the Hostel idea, though I'm not sure how much Alice would approve of the idea of someone doing this, I must say. Dont worry, Alice, I'd still love to try that brainwashing system of yours in time, anyway.
Its well written, and the way the airport scene plays out is fun, as I'm sure will be their time in Berlin together. Definitely glad the author asked me to read, for sure
High end of definitely enjoyed, based on old rating system