Author Topic: New Releases-April 6th 2019  (Read 28983 times)

Offline gyrd

Re: New Releases-April 6th 2019
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »
"Limits" gets quite dark towards the end, what with Mom becoming "a prisoner in her own head".  I would have liked an ending that showed Mom as being happier in her sex slavery, like Lucy.

It was what happened to the friend that stopped me reading more of the story.

Greyscribbler

That too, super dark, a lot more dark than "College Undercover".  (I think both stories are excellent.)

Offline grey_shadow

• Moderators
  • You want pictures now?
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2019, 07:44:08 pm »
It seems this week's releases are doomed to never be pinned...

I'm sure someone else will pick up the slack when I take a week away from the Forum...
"Who do you serve, and who do you trust?" - Galen, Crusade

Looking for female subject(s) to explore hypnosis. PM me if you're interested.

Forum Creative Links

Offline Scalar7th

• Listen close... the music has messages
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 11:21:44 pm »
Laser Tag Party

Talking of stories I'd love to be part of, here's another one. Mind, I would want an actual alien look alter, after the event! This was great fun, would be happy to be any character in this, if it wasnt for the 'slight' age issue! Yes, those visors, and the alterations just sound so much fun. Well told too.
High end of definitely enjoyed. Again, open to 'discussion' lol

Very kind words, thank you Merry. I'm sure there are lots and lots of Alteration party games that might pique your interest. Altered Monopoly, perhaps? Altered Charades? Password? Hide-and-seek?
Once the technology is out there, and becomes simple and cheap enough for home use, there are a million possible uses for the creative and clever hobbyist...

Offline Merry Brooks

• 20's and 30's chorus girl. Twitter @Harleanlook
    • a robot wannabee's blog
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2019, 08:16:59 am »
My trouble, given my age, and my physical health, is lasting long enough to enjoy that
Find my stories at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/merrybrooks
Find my blog at http://robotunit8.wordpress.com/
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline pomelo

• I am a llama!
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2019, 02:57:59 pm »
I know I've read Hair Today before... is it new to MCstories?  ???

It's at least 10 years old. Though he doesn't have much on this site.

Offline lifmcs

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2019, 03:50:12 pm »
And... Freeze  by NickelModelTales

A modeling agency based around hypnosis is, for me, one of those ideas that makes you go, “Oh... Oh my. Oh fuck!” So this story should have been a slam dunk. Instead, I found that it meandered about before getting to an average take on the core concept, and in the end I just wasn’t feeling it :(

The Modelling Agency by AlliDee on DeviantArt is more my speed.

College Undercover  by Greyscribbler

"The clock has run out, son! Time to show your work." :abject dejection:

(Translation: Still haven’t read it :-[)

Following Her Dream  by Shadra

Yeah, that was pretty fucking hot. And fairly emotionally moving. I still don’t think this story needed to be continued, but I’m quite happy to ride along to the actual end point.

Incubus  by Jennifer Kohl

Some really rather effective description of Karnath’s powers, and the Leslie shell he now controls, in this chapter. Is the sort of thing that can come of as pretentious or lame if not down well, and this absolutely was done very well indeed. Keep it coming!

By the by, if I’m recommending comic accompaniments today, The Invitation by Incase is pretty fucking amazing. First chapter is TG, and the second still features a lot of futa, but if you don’t mind those aspects the art and story are top shelf stuff, truly.

Laser Tag Party  by Scalar Seventh

This is surprisingly good. Tropes were effectively deployed to make a mostly silly romp really bring the heat at various points.

And another comic recommendation~ All of colorfultrick’s stuff is fascinatingly bizarre. They have a very similar voice to Scalar7th, and ct’s FreezePetrification Tag story (Part 1 and Part 2) is eminently relevant to this party.

The Mask Becomes You  by Carefully Random

Haha, “Don't ‘Goddess’ me!" Quality laugh lines aside, this story has settled down into a pretty engaging slice of life story, but with, you know, a coed ‘goddess’ just trying to make her way through college. Has been so long that I’ve forgotten most of the backstory and so only read the last two chapters. They worked well though and if time was a thing I had more of, it would be nice to catch back up fully on this story now that it is updating again. Carefully Random’s return is something I am very grateful for!

Stranger Tales  by Quiet Hypnotist

That description is confusing and hypnosis... As for the text itself, <Obama> :thumbs up: “Not Bad.” Not exactly written for me, but I can appreciate a well-crafted script and this seems to be that, so yeah, fairly good times.

You Broke Like Glass  by Jukebox

Been a little while since a Jukebox story tickled my innards (and other places) as much as this one did.

Offline greyscribbler

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2019, 05:39:44 pm »

That too, super dark, a lot more dark than "College Undercover".  (I think both stories are excellent.)

Thanks Gyrd

College Undercover  by Greyscribbler

"The clock has run out, son! Time to show your work." :abject dejection:

(Translation: Still haven’t read it :-[)

Hopefully you will soon Lifmcs.  Would love to hear what you think.

Greyscribbler

Offline greyscribbler

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2019, 05:59:22 pm »
More on dark...

Nonconsensual mind-control, almost by definition is dark.  Horror films are dark.  Most psychological thrillers are too, at least in parts.  To me it's a question of what each person enjoys and therefore what their limits are (no pun intended Pan).  I know some of the things that are too far for me:

- mind-controlled people being killed or being made to commit suicide
- mind-controlled people being left catatonic
- a truly good leader being corrupted
- a genuine romance destroyed

The last one needs a little explanation.  In a lot of western countries 30-40% of first marriages end in divorce.  Not a lot of true love there.  But if the story holds up the relationship as something truly special and then wrecks it, then it's too much for me.  For example, Blood Sport would have been too dark for my tastes if the main characters had not managed to stay together.  But if it's a run of the mill relationship being broken I can cope.

But that's just me.  What we've seen in the discussion is that other people have other lines.  It's interesting to me that people find Fair Share and College Undercover dark.  I know they are, but in some ways those characters have it far better than the victims in many stories.  They have lives, jobs, money, friends. Alison will even let her slaves have a career.  They're not cutoff from their families.  Carol is still working undercover, helping put criminals away.  I think I know what's dark about those stories, but I would be curious to hear what other people think.

Greyscribbler

Offline ExtantElan

• Does it matter?
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2019, 06:14:04 pm »
More on dark...

Nonconsensual mind-control, almost by definition is dark.  Horror films are dark.  Most psychological thrillers are too, at least in parts.  To me it's a question of what each person enjoys and therefore what their limits are (no pun intended Pan).  I know some of the things that are too far for me:

- mind-controlled people being killed or being made to commit suicide
- mind-controlled people being left catatonic
- a truly good leader being corrupted
- a genuine romance destroyed

The last one needs a little explanation.  In a lot of western countries 30-40% of first marriages end in divorce.  Not a lot of true love there.  But if the story holds up the relationship as something truly special and then wrecks it, then it's too much for me.  For example, Blood Sport would have been too dark for my tastes if the main characters had not managed to stay together.  But if it's a run of the mill relationship being broken I can cope.

But that's just me.  What we've seen in the discussion is that other people have other lines.  It's interesting to me that people find Fair Share and College Undercover dark.  I know they are, but in some ways those characters have it far better than the victims in many stories.  They have lives, jobs, money, friends. Alison will even let her slaves have a career.  They're not cutoff from their families.  Carol is still working undercover, helping put criminals away.  I think I know what's dark about those stories, but I would be curious to hear what other people think.

Greyscribbler

Pfft people and their soft lives don't even know what real dark is. Real darkness lives in the hearts of monsters, and I honestly think it would take a true monster to replicate it. I would bet the majority of them have the sense to keep that to themselves.

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2019, 06:21:31 pm »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oof, the unexpected spoiler.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:32:55 pm by Shadra »

Offline Scalar7th

• Listen close... the music has messages
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2019, 06:50:20 pm »
Laser Tag Party  by Scalar Seventh

This is surprisingly good. Tropes were effectively deployed to make a mostly silly romp really bring the heat at various points.

My ego would like to register its objection to your surprise, thank you very much. :D

Joking aside, it really is supposed to be mostly fun and games. These girls keep surprising me, though, and strange things keep popping up. Thanks for the encouragement!

It's interesting to me that people find Fair Share and College Undercover dark.  I know they are, but in some ways those characters have it far better than the victims in many stories.  They have lives, jobs, money, friends. Alison will even let her slaves have a career.  They're not cutoff from their families.  Carol is still working undercover, helping put criminals away.  I think I know what's dark about those stories, but I would be curious to hear what other people think.

I read Fair Share as it was being published, and haven't looked at College Undercover, so all I've got is my two cents on the former, but if you're curious...
I wouldn't really call it dark, exactly. Alison isn't mean or cruel, she does no physical harm to those she influences and she regrets and tries to redress any mental and/or emotional damage she does. What makes it... let's say, less light, is that we're not looking at Alison as a moral protagonist. Heroes in all sorts of stories do far worse than Alison ever did, but since they're framed as good, forthright, upstanding citizens, we understand implicitly that their actions are "good," so far as the story world defines it. Because Alison isn't framed as a holy crusader, but an ordinary, flawed (sometimes dangerously so), struggling human being whose actions are morally questionable - even if they're influenced by forces outside her control - she's given the veneer of darkness, which when viewed under a certain light, definitely looks shady.

Is what she does morally pure? No, but it's fairly real. I think the fact that she doesn't suffer "proper" consequences for her actions is what makes people think of it as dark, but what you're reading isn't a morality tale. Would her victims be better off if they hadn't met her? You could argue that, but the fact is that they did meet her, and they're exceedingly happy now, aren't they?

It leaves a lot of characters in completely different places than where they started, and arguably, from a standpoint outside the story, based on our own views of morality, those different places are worse. But the characters sure don't think that they're worse off. An argument could be made that they didn't want to be where they are before they got there, but now that they are there, do they want to go back? Given the choice, would any of them turn back the clock and walk a different road?

I wonder if That Guy got these moral questions about Ethics 101 for Mind Controllers or Checking Out the College. In both of those, women are permanently changed and enslaved to the mind controller (happily so, one by choice, one not) and placed in lesbian relationships (happily so, one by choice, one not). In fact, Ethics 101 brings up these very real questions and explores them. I wouldn't think of either of them as dark, though, in the end.

Maybe it's just because...

Because that's all kinds of grey areas, but it's really not a lot different in function or structure from what happens to Rhonda in Ethics 101. I think it's all in the framing.

Offline Midori Konton

• Now that I have your attention...
    • Lemma ebooks now available on Smashwords!
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2019, 07:06:59 pm »

Incubus  by Jennifer Kohl

Some really rather effective description of Karnath’s powers, and the Leslie shell he now controls, in this chapter. Is the sort of thing that can come of as pretentious or lame if not down well, and this absolutely was done very well indeed. Keep it coming!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm up to chapter 5 or 6 at my Patreon, I forget which, and posting one there every month. I've got something of a backlog built up so there's still a few more weeks of me alternating MGS and Incubus, but eventually I'll be caught up on both, which is to say one month behind the Patreon. At that point there'll be a chapter of each every month until they're finished!
Love,

Jenny

MCStories: https://mcstories.com/Authors/Jennifer-Kohl.html
Subscribe for early access and extras! http://sponsus.org/u/jenniferkohl

Offline TheHandsThatLead

• TheHandsThatLead Blog
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2019, 09:16:12 pm »
The Retainer

Some 'interesting' customers in the legal business, clearly. Fine, the ending wouldnt be my dream role, but might be fun, if the makeover works on 60 year old's, lol? :P I could work out where we were heading, but the journey was fun, and nicely told
High end of definitely enjoyed

Thanks Merry!
Visit my site for some short snippets... NSFW

https://thehandsthatlead.blog/

Offline Writer345

• Life is too important to take seriously.
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2019, 02:19:38 am »

Pfft people and their soft lives don't even know what real dark is. Real darkness lives in the hearts of monsters, and I honestly think it would take a true monster to replicate it. I would bet the majority of them have the sense to keep that to themselves.

Oh dear...  Here we have the age old comfort blanket, the one that helps human beings sleep at night and not lie there peering into the dark and fetid corners of their souls!

Very few atrocities are ever committed by monsters or psychopaths...  Most are gleefully carried out by Joe Public.  All it needs is someone or something to trigger them and then people are up and running, carrying out the darkest deeds which at other times would horrify them.  Given the wrong circumstances a normal member of the public is capable of giving any mass-murdering psychopath a run for their money.

The Ruandan genocide, Pol Pot's Mass Killings, the Final Solution, Stalin's Purges...  The bulk of the killing was always carried out by normal people placed in abnormal situations.  We just like to think that it was all done by monsters because this is the only way that we can sleep at night.

ExtantElan, if you want to see were real darkness lies, look into your own heart, or into mine, or into that of everyone that you know or meet - there you will find it.  Then pray that it stays there, only to emerge in stories.
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

er, has anyone seen my TARDIS?

Offline ExtantElan

• Does it matter?
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2019, 08:36:30 am »

Oh dear...  Here we have the age old comfort blanket, the one that helps human beings sleep at night and not lie there peering into the dark and fetid corners of their souls!

Very few atrocities are ever committed by monsters or psychopaths...  Most are gleefully carried out by Joe Public.  All it needs is someone or something to trigger them and then people are up and running, carrying out the darkest deeds which at other times would horrify them.  Given the wrong circumstances a normal member of the public is capable of giving any mass-murdering psychopath a run for their money.

The Ruandan genocide, Pol Pot's Mass Killings, the Final Solution, Stalin's Purges...  The bulk of the killing was always carried out by normal people placed in abnormal situations.  We just like to think that it was all done by monsters because this is the only way that we can sleep at night.

ExtantElan, if you want to see were real darkness lies, look into your own heart, or into mine, or into that of everyone that you know or meet - there you will find it.  Then pray that it stays there, only to emerge in stories.

First let me apologize to greyscribbler. I did not intend for that post to sound nearly as dismissive as it reads.

Secondly, I agree with you, but I feel the problem rests in the term 'darkness'.  I just ended a chapter in a story with the line "And then she embraced the darkness" and I almost cut it because it felt overwrought. Now, clearly my fault rests in conflating darkness with some romantic conceit, which I thought I was arguing against but I plead drunkenness.  :p The truth remains though the normal human being can do all sorts of trauma after divesting themselves of a sense of empathy. A psychopath or sociopath doesn't have to bother because they are incapable of even experiencing empathy. To the point that supposing a moral difference would be alien to them. The fact greyscribbler is bothered by it proves in itself that he isn't a monster. That's all I was trying to get at but the Glenlivet had other ideas..

Online 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2019, 08:59:01 pm »
Oh my, and I behind on my reading!  :(

I know I've said this before, but I really love the setting in Redsliver's Blizzard. The snowy weather- nearly constant and always in the background- is a character unto itself. This week's chapter was no exception. And what a chapter! The supernatural element begins to come out into the open. How will Gene and the girls react? How many girls will Gene end up with? And how insanely jealous is Gene's brother, anyway?  :) What a wonderful slow-burner of a story.

Following Her Dream ends the latest chapter with yet another emotional punch, and possibly an enormous cliffhanger! Janet has been dragged right back into the thick of things, but like a time traveler, maybe she has the chance to do things right the second time around. Or, like many time travelers, perhaps she will only end up making things worse? I love the characters in this story, and I can't wait to see where fate and consequence leads them next.

The cup runneth over in A Plethora of Heathers, but what is Heather going to do with all of these namesake captures, anyway? And now another one arrives! One wonders if Ms. Burns and her talents will be an asset or a problem going down the road. As always, a fun and sharp read. Does anyone need a Heather? I know where you can get a few for cheap...

Meanwhile, over in 61 Days in River City, our undercover heroines run into trouble whilst in disguise, and complications ensue. But since they don't know the whole story... further complications await! This story continues to be fun and full of twists, turns, and laugh-out-loud moments.  :)

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 10:19:50 pm »
Following Her Dream

Yeah, that was pretty fucking hot. And fairly emotionally moving. I still don’t think this story needed to be continued, but I’m quite happy to ride along to the actual end point.

Thank you! As much as I enjoyed writing the emotional scenes with Janet the past few chapters, I was really happy to get back into some fun action. That scene in particular was fun to write, even though it went through a few iterations. Can't promise I'll be able to top that, but there is more action to come yet!

Out of curiosity, where would you have liked it to end? It's interesting to hear the different expectations that people have for the story, though admittedly it also kind of sucks knowing that regardless where I go, someone is going to be disappointed. I had some people rooting for Violet, and others tell me she ruined the story for them, after all.

Following Her Dream ends the latest chapter with yet another emotional punch, and possibly an enormous cliffhanger! Janet has been dragged right back into the thick of things, but like a time traveler, maybe she has the chance to do things right the second time around. Or, like many time travelers, perhaps she will only end up making things worse? I love the characters in this story, and I can't wait to see where fate and consequence leads them next.

You're late!  :grin: :grin:

What can I say? I love me some cliffhangers. How else am I to get people to come back? It's certainly not the story itself.  :grin:
That said, though I haven't written the last scene yet, I don't expect a cliffhanger in the next chapter. Kind of has me worried that people will think it's the end, but I promise there will be an epilogue!

Thanks for all the support from you both, (and of course all the other reviews I responded to already). It is greatly appreciated.

Offline Betsy

• Leap before you look.
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2019, 03:53:37 pm »
The cup runneth over in A Plethora of Heathers, but what is Heather going to do with all of these namesake captures, anyway? And now another one arrives! One wonders if Ms. Burns and her talents will be an asset or a problem going down the road. As always, a fun and sharp read. Does anyone need a Heather? I know where you can get a few for cheap...

Thank you for your comments. And that's a good question, what is Heather going to do with all those Heathers? Keep on reading and you may get an answer.
Leap before you look
The menu is not the meal
--x--
I am one

Offline Betsy

• Leap before you look.
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2019, 03:55:19 pm »
Meanwhile, over in 61 Days in River City, our undercover heroines run into trouble whilst in disguise, and complications ensue. But since they don't know the whole story... further complications await! This story continues to be fun and full of twists, turns, and laugh-out-loud moments.  :)

I'm happy you're still finding it entertaining. There's more to come, don't worry about that. I did try to make it different in kind from Betsy Visits River City and I'll leave it up to you and other readers to say if I succeeded or not.
Leap before you look
The menu is not the meal
--x--
I am one

Offline Redsliver

• He just laughed...
    • My Patreon
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2019, 04:22:58 am »
I know I've said this before, but I really love the setting in Redsliver's Blizzard. The snowy weather- nearly constant and always in the background- is a character unto itself. This week's chapter was no exception. And what a chapter! The supernatural element begins to come out into the open. How will Gene and the girls react? How many girls will Gene end up with? And how insanely jealous is Gene's brother, anyway?  :) What a wonderful slow-burner of a story.

Glad you're liking it. Now that I'm not at risk of that same weather outside my window, I really love the snow too. I'm glad the brother stood out, loved writing that character. Thanks so much for the review!

Offline Carefully_Random

• Planned spontinuity every fourth day!
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2019, 10:54:04 pm »

The Mask Becomes You  by Carefully Random

Haha, “Don't ‘Goddess’ me!" Quality laugh lines aside, this story has settled down into a pretty engaging slice of life story, but with, you know, a coed ‘goddess’ just trying to make her way through college. Has been so long that I’ve forgotten most of the backstory and so only read the last two chapters. They worked well though and if time was a thing I had more of, it would be nice to catch back up fully on this story now that it is updating again. Carefully Random’s return is something I am very grateful for!

Thanks lifmcs! I'm glad you got a laugh or two from it as well.  Due to my lengthy hiatus I expect most will be fuzzy on certain things that already happened, but my hope is that each chapter still manages to stand on its own to a certain extent.  Hopefully have the next part posted by tomorrow if I can give it a proofing without falling asleep on my keyboard.  One thing I will say is that the "settled down" state, while Tara is certainty enjoying it, will not be lasting much longer...

Offline Rinky Dink

• Isn't it obvious I'm totally enslaved.
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2019, 03:41:59 am »
Sorry to be so late to the discussion but just got a chance to read final chapter of College Undercover
First, great story. If ever get motivated enough to do Readers Picks again, will definitely be added.
As to the issue at hand, I did not think of it as particularly dark. MC is inherently not sunshine and rainbows but the psychological issues Carol dealt were a battle between what she had been trained to like and what she had liked.
The ending was (minor spoiler). ... surprising. Thought Wainright would have stopped it. That was darker than expected. ... with its sense of irony, very much in the manner of a Trilby Else story.

It's interesting to me that people find Fair Share and College Undercover dark.  I know they are, but in some ways those characters have it far better than the victims in many stories.  They have lives, jobs, money, friends. Alison will even let her slaves have a career.  They're not cutoff from their families.  Carol is still working undercover, helping put criminals away.  I think I know what's dark about those stories, but I would be curious to hear what other people think.

Greyscribbler
Proud to say received (verbal) spanking from Anna Kournikova.

Offline Akisa

• Hello beings on screen's otherside
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2019, 06:59:39 pm »

Aftermarket (Fugue) (mc mf md) (new)  by Fugue
Mahop BioLabs produces docile, sexy little playthings from housewives and soccer moms. How do they do that?

I like some stories of Fugue. They are a good example of the limits that each medium has to express the MC.

The comic version is exciting and more direct, but the written version allows you to 'live' what the characters experience and what the MC entails.

The (Late) Much Loved Old Clem (mc mf md) (new)  by Maximilian Cummings
Lucy and her new husband settle into their honeymoon holiday cottage. Is it all in Lucy’s mind or is it really haunted?

Perfect fantasy in which fantasy, naturally formed in a character. And he tells it. But when we see them in this context we notice perfectly what is 'wrong' in their perceptions and it really happens. Very immersive, a good job.

Stranger Tales (mc mf md) (new)  by Quiet Hypnotist
A confusing and hypnosis induction leads girls towards a curious realization.

Good speed management in deepening the trance. You know what is going to happen, even so that does not take away the exciting. A set of short stories or a more extreme continuation in another context, would be a fantastic idea, with this rhythm.

You Broke Like Glass (mc mm) (new)  by Jukebox
Wayne doesn’t think he can be hypnotized, but Jerry keeps telling him it’s happened before.
f.lux made me read this story, with the orange protector. The blue colors look more like a green, and the yellow ones, white.

It's excellent, the spiral is a classic, and Jukebox uses it a lot. Here the tension, the battle of egos, the freedom lost from the first moment. Hypnosis is perfectly carried.

I'm not from reading male to male stories. Of which I have read, it has not convinced me much, except as a complement to other stories. This story, puts as a main axis, the trance, and domination by 80% and in the end, highlights the most sexual dynamics. That is perfect for the framework established in that 80%.

Humiliation is much more psychological. And I love that.
You can already feel the goddess flow through and around you, like a liquid, a smell, a moment lost in time.

Diary of a Hypnotist

Greek Goddess

Offline greyscribbler

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2019, 05:24:39 pm »
Sorry to be so late to the discussion but just got a chance to read final chapter of College Undercover
First, great story. If ever get motivated enough to do Readers Picks again, will definitely be added.
As to the issue at hand, I did not think of it as particularly dark. MC is inherently not sunshine and rainbows but the psychological issues Carol dealt were a battle between what she had been trained to like and what she had liked.
The ending was (minor spoiler). ... surprising. Thought Wainright would have stopped it. That was darker than expected. ... with its sense of irony, very much in the manner of a Trilby Else story.

Thanks Rinky Dink, glad you liked.  Any comparison to Trilby Else is gratefully received.

Greyscribbler