Author Topic: New Releases-November 30th 2019  (Read 18383 times)

Offline Pan

• To live would be an awfully big adventure.
    • My Patreon
Re: New Releases-November 30th 2019
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2019, 07:35:03 pm »
Considering the intent and style of the archive, I very much doubt Simon is going to introduce something as Web 3.0-y as a thumbs-button. :P
Support me on Patreon to read my stories before they go live! http://www.patreon.com/panwhowrites

Check out my Amazon page for all my new work.

Offline mr potestas

• Embrace our journeys into passion
    • The Realms of Mr. Potestas
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 08:28:49 pm »
Arousal Inducing Audio (mc ff ma) (new)  by Synaptic Virus
Two girls experiment with sexy subliminals. Not realizing the messages are designed to slowly turn them lesbian.

Subliminals and hypnosis can't really change someone's sexuality. However, there's every possibility that the two girls already had unknowingly harbored attraction toward each other, and that thought makes this hotter for me. This was addressed in the story somewhat abstractly, which added a good degree of realism at the end. Definitely built for those that find hypnosis super hot, while I found it more amusing at first. But yeah, I eventually found it pretty hot, too, once it got going. Mutual masturbation can be quite hot! This was a fun read.

Offline Pan

• To live would be an awfully big adventure.
    • My Patreon
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2019, 09:25:33 pm »
Subliminals and hypnosis can't really change someone's sexuality.

...I'm not sure that "realism" is a high priority for most authors on this archive.
Support me on Patreon to read my stories before they go live! http://www.patreon.com/panwhowrites

Check out my Amazon page for all my new work.

Offline 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2019, 11:22:09 pm »

The Witch, The Whip, His Wife and Her Lover (mc ff mf fd ds) (1 new chapter)  by Alan Smithee
Senator Delacroix has a lot on his plate. His wife is cheating, an important vote is coming up, and the new intern? She might be a witch.

"She might be"?

:grin:

Nobody has checked whether she floats or weighs the same as a duck, so the jury is still out on this issue  :angel:

Is she... made of wood?

Offline gyrd

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2019, 11:52:17 pm »

...I'm not sure that "realism" is a high priority for most authors on this archive.

There must be hundreds and hundreds of stories on the archive with that plot element.

Offline walter_kovacs

• A.K.A. Alan Smithee on the Archive
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2019, 12:12:34 am »
Is she... made of wood?

It's quite plausible, but you'll have to wait for the conclusion to find out for sure!

Offline br0adband

• The one and only...
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 12:33:25 am »
Considering the intent and style of the archive, I very much doubt Simon is going to introduce something as Web 3.0-y as a thumbs-button. :P

I agree with this so much and would have said basically the same thing. It's not necessary, and the simplicity of the EMCSA is what makes it special. We don't need *everything* in society to have a damned "Like" button attached to it.

If you/we get feedback, especially by email, treasure it if it happens 'cause it can be a rare thing. As for stats on how many hits a given story has had, nah, I don't think that would do well for authors either.

Besides, we're not writing for other people, correct? ;)

If you can't stop thinking it, don't stop working for it. -- My contributions to the Hypnopics Collection can be located HERE - My stories at the EMCSA can be located  HERE

Offline Writer345

• Life is too important to take seriously.
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2019, 02:23:29 am »
hurray! new chapters no-one will read! :D

;)

I guarantee, each story posted gets many thousands of reads (even if you get zero comments). Simon doesn't share the data, but from my experience with comparable sites which do, the ratio is like 10,000:1 reads to comments.

The EMCSA would be well served with a "like/dislike" button.

Agreed. If nothing else, it would help authors gauge interest in their stories. Without thread comments or email messages, it can be very difficult to tell if anyone is reading at all. Particularly now when the updates are getting bigger.

I'd like a count of hits, but I'm not sure about ratings necessarily. They are subjective and deal with kinks instead of writing quality at times. And then they're are the trolls...

I'm with Softi on this - some sort of indication of hits would be useful...  If only to reasure me that someone was reading my rubbish!
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

er, has anyone seen my TARDIS?

Offline Writer345

• Life is too important to take seriously.
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2019, 02:32:37 am »
Two girls experiment with sexy subliminals. Not realizing the messages are designed to slowly turn them lesbian.

I agree, but hypnosis and subliminal conditioning can drag things up out of the dark recesses of denial and make it seem as if change has been brought about...

Considering a piece of peer-reviewed research carried out in Canada a few years ago, I'd say that this story has a little more realism than many of you (including the author) suspect!
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

er, has anyone seen my TARDIS?

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 08:43:43 am »

The story was quite enjoyable, I found! I think I would have liked a bit more detail, getting into their thoughts and all, but for a short piece, the action was quite hot. Specifically, it would have been nice for there to be a bit more between the first and second chapters, instead of them just jumping back into listening to the audio. Even just knowing that maybe the subliminals conditioned them to want to listen again and not question things would have been great!

As for the other discussion, I guess I forgot that some people prefer the realistic aspects of hypnosis. Not sure why that surprised me, guess I've just read too many fantasy-type hypno stories. Though to be fair I think I prefer when things are allowed to be unrealistic.

Dead of Night (mc mf ff md fd) (1 new chapter)  by SoVeryFascinated
An actress responds well to a stage hypnosis show ... and so does someone else.

After Kat and Mouse, I was ecstatic to see another Fascinated story. The writing quality is top notch, which I've come to expect. Probably a bit more suspense/mystery than I prefer, but the damn story is still so intriguing (dare I say fascinating?) that I can't help but want to continue. I'm a bit surprised to hear there's only one more chapter, but if that means I'll finally get some answers, I'm all for it! Can't wait!

Offline energizer

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 07:26:47 am »
Olivia’s Ass Toy, by kmiru0

It’s a well written story, except for the author’s decision to make one of the characters ambiguously gendered.  It’s marked as an FF story, but the submissive character (Robin) has a gender neutral name, and the author only uses plural pronouns when referring to the character (they and their).  It sticks out and is confusing at first. Additionally there are a few instances where the Robin character is called a “good boy” that made me have to go back and check the color codes to see if I was reading a green instead of a pink.

It’s a good story, but this choice by the author prevented me from really enjoying it.  I was taken out of the story too many times.

Offline mr potestas

• Embrace our journeys into passion
    • The Realms of Mr. Potestas
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 01:50:20 pm »

Indeed, LOL.
I tend to look at hypnosis themes a little too seriously. As Shadra mentioned above, I often prefer things more fantastical as well. :) The story was quite tongue in cheek -- or tongue in something -- so it was definitely just built to be fun.

Offline Midori Konton

• Now that I have your attention...
    • Lemma ebooks now available on Smashwords!
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2019, 10:48:09 pm »
Olivia’s Ass Toy, by kmiru0

It’s a well written story, except for the author’s decision to make one of the characters ambiguously gendered.  It’s marked as an FF story, but the submissive character (Robin) has a gender neutral name, and the author only uses plural pronouns when referring to the character (they and their).  It sticks out and is confusing at first. Additionally there are a few instances where the Robin character is called a “good boy” that made me have to go back and check the color codes to see if I was reading a green instead of a pink.

It’s a good story, but this choice by the author prevented me from really enjoying it.  I was taken out of the story too many times.

That doesn’t sound like an ambiguously gendered character so much as a nonbinary one. Still should probably be purple rather than red.
Love,

Jenny

MCStories: https://mcstories.com/Authors/Jennifer-Kohl.html
Subscribe for early access and extras! http://sponsus.org/u/jenniferkohl

Offline MetaBob

• "Said it's old but it's good"
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2021, 04:51:24 pm »
Hey Alan Smithee, in my newest piece (Personal Assistant), a woman teaches another woman how to better manage her man. I didn't realize that it echoes part of your The Witch, The Whip, His Wife, And Her Lover, but sometimes realization dawns indirectly (this time via looking up my old AnimeCon Harem-related comments).
My stories on Smashwords, EMCSA, and Literotica. Also, my Goodreads blog.