Author Topic: New Releases - June 29th 2019  (Read 26581 times)

Offline raptor4d4

• I am that guy over there...
    • My Art
Re: New Releases - June 29th 2019
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:10 pm »
Part 3

Achieving My Destiny

Diplomatic answer, nothing here I could possibly enjoy. Stick with this if sensitive, or the author
Less diplomatic answer (to amuse some)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
No rating, taste issues :laugh:

I've noticed some time ago that my stories don't seem to be to your taste.  Which is fine.  Not everyone has the same tastes and others have expressed satisfaction with my work.  But to be fair, this story was born from one of my "sprint" attempts.  Sort of a quick and dirty story that I wrote to get me warmed up for other projects so I didn't put as much "umph" into it as I would some of my other stories with more depth. 

I've got more stories in the works, several part of a larger series.  At first glance some of them may seem simple and "written with one hand" as you so delicately put it but start putting them together and you'll see a puzzle coming together.  Got a lot of work to do and sadly not that much writing time to do them in these days but hopefully in the future you all will see more of my work.  Those of you who have expressed enjoyment of my stories, I thank you. 

As for you Merry Brooks, I found your threat of physical violence against me, even if made in "jest", to be less than amusing and in extremely poor taste.  If you truly find my work that dissatisfying, simply confine your review to a "No rating" or opt not to mention it at all as you've done in the past.  That is the truly diplomatic and decent approach. 

Offline gyrd

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2019, 03:25:37 am »
I wonder what everyone else thinks about Harper's newfound insistence

Can't tell what this post or any of the posts in reply to it are talking about without opening the spoiler tags.  There seems to be a story out this week with a character named "Harper" in it.

Offline Merry Brooks

• 20's and 30's chorus girl. Twitter @Harleanlook
    • a robot wannabee's blog
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2019, 08:08:09 am »
Part 3

Achieving My Destiny

Diplomatic answer, nothing here I could possibly enjoy. Stick with this if sensitive, or the author

I've noticed some time ago that my stories don't seem to be to your taste.  Which is fine.  Not everyone has the same tastes and others have expressed satisfaction with my work.  But to be fair, this story was born from one of my "sprint" attempts.  Sort of a quick and dirty story that I wrote to get me warmed up for other projects so I didn't put as much "umph" into it as I would some of my other stories with more depth. 

I've got more stories in the works, several part of a larger series.  At first glance some of them may seem simple and "written with one hand" as you so delicately put it but start putting them together and you'll see a puzzle coming together.  Got a lot of work to do and sadly not that much writing time to do them in these days but hopefully in the future you all will see more of my work.  Those of you who have expressed enjoyment of my stories, I thank you. 

As for you Merry Brooks, I found your threat of physical violence against me, even if made in "jest", to be less than amusing and in extremely poor taste.  If you truly find my work that dissatisfying, simply confine your review to a "No rating" or opt not to mention it at all as you've done in the past.  That is the truly diplomatic and decent approach.

I have the easy answer, I wont be reviewing any more in future, even more so after this.

And then people wonder I have considering giving up totally a few times, and am doing so again now. I honestly think some would be happy if they got no reviews at all! I might review something else at weekend, instead of stories
Find my stories at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/merrybrooks
Find my blog at http://robotunit8.wordpress.com/
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline Betsy

• Leap before you look.
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 09:49:06 am »
Stuck in the Past
by Robotunit8

The Waxworks looks like a fun club. Wonder if I could go? It's over in America, which makes the commute a tad large for a drink, but what the hell, I could make it a fun weekend, couldn't I?
I admire Miss Nicholson enormously. If I woke up like that you'd be very hard pressed to find my sangfroid.
High end of definitely enjoyed.

A Whole Different Look
by Robotunit8

Now that's a disguise I could use myself. How much is it? You could make a legit fortune selling it to students. And there's a pod. I love pods. There's a turn this story takes I didn't expect. I love that. But there is a problem. The story turned sour when one of the masters suggested a rather unsavoury experiment on two innocent and charming characters. That was circumvented in the story, but it still leaves a sour taste. Would be high end otherwise.
Definitely enjoyed.

Walking on Sunshine
by Robotunit8

I don't think I'm giving away a spoiler when I say it's set in 1935 at Santa Monica Beach. I've never been there but ru8 makes it sound very nice indeed. Movie studios and technical stuff and weddings and honeymoons abound. This is a delightful fun story but it's marred badly by the message embedded in the story. That spoils it for me rather a lot, actually.
Low end of definitely enjoyed. Compromise rating.
Leap before you look
The menu is not the meal
--x--
I am one

Offline Writer345

• Life is too important to take seriously.
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 09:52:38 am »
Part 3

Achieving My Destiny

I have the easy answer, I wont be reviewing any more in future, even more so after this.

And then people wonder I have considering giving up totally a few times, and am doing so again now. I honestly think some would be happy if they got no reviews at all! I might review something else at weekend, instead of stories

Merry, please do not let one disgruntled 'person' upset you! 

Your reviews are the lynch-pin of this forum and us writers have come to look forward to your good humoured opininons of our work...  We need you! 

I for one enjoy reading about the stories that I don't have time to read and look forward to the good  natured banter that often develops between writers and yourself...  Your review pointed out a plot hole in my last story which, thanks to you, I was able to fill thus making "Yew and Me" much, much better as a result.

Please reconsider.  As  I said - We Need YOU!
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

er, has anyone seen my TARDIS?

Offline ExtantElan

• Does it matter?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 10:39:55 am »
Part 3

Achieving My Destiny

As someone whom you only ever gave one bad review to (along with a threat of violence)  let me say I enjoyed it.  To each their own but I wouldnt mind if you beat me up more often.  :)

Offline Blackie

• There are no free munches.
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 12:16:33 pm »

I find your reviews  interesting. Alternate suggestion, if you don't like something that much, don't review it. The others who you've been encouraging here really seem to appreciate your time, your take, and your interest. You're encouraging people who need it. I don't need it, I'm a hermit and a brat. But others do.
-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Offline Betsy

• Leap before you look.
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 04:39:38 pm »
Merry, please do not let one disgruntled 'person' upset you! 

Writer345, I think you have slightly misunderstood Merry's position here. If you look back on your post, you'll find Merry's statement directly above your statement that I quoted here. To save you searching, I'll copy it here...

To me, Merry's statement is unequivocal. It is NOT one person who has upset her, it's many, presumably over the years. That's my take.

Now, Writer345, I agree with your further statements

Your reviews are the lynch-pin of this forum and us writers have come to look forward to your good humoured opininons of our work...  We need you! 

I for one enjoy reading about the stories that I don't have time to read and look forward to the good  natured banter that often develops between writers and yourself...  Your review pointed out a plot hole in my last story which, thanks to you, I was able to fill thus making "Yew and Me" much, much better as a result.

Please reconsider.  As  I said - We Need YOU!

Merry is the only one who tries to review every story. Okay, she sometimes doesn't succeed, but there's no one else who comes close. She's a valuable asset who's loss will be felt by a lot of people here. But that's not the priority now, Merry is. I'll personally be devastated if Merry stops, but that's strictly up to her. Conditions change and the longer one is online the more problematic things get. We might, as you say, need her,  but is the feeling mutual?

The only position I think I can hold here is to back Merry in whatever decision she takes.
Leap before you look
The menu is not the meal
--x--
I am one

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 04:48:26 pm »
Thank you, Betsy, for the reviews. In the case of the first story, its not only the commute you might find an issue, the fact that the Club was 'in business' in 1927, and shut down, err, a few years ago, might also be an issue.
The second story, and the disguise, you'd have to ask Gene, or Nigel about the cost, Robbie was only the initial guinea pig. As to the 2 innocent and charming characters, thats not what Robbie said about them! :P They've got out of town, so I think they're safe now, anyway :laugh:
I have been to Santa Monica Beach, a number of times, but never in 1935. Well, not in this life, I suspect Clara did on days off! Well, I'm not thrilled by the message you're talking about, but given how much of a struggle these were, and I had to leave JD to edit the mess, its a choice that has to be made. If they do sort out my brain sufficiently, then I would try writing again, but not otherwise. Indeed someone has suggested an alternate name, I've got an alternate concept idea, but it needs a doctor, Mr Frasier, or the like to do some major neural work for that to happen. I might also be getting some other bodywork issues sorted too. ;)

And now, back to reviews, Part 4

An Episode of Lingerie Enslavement

I must be careful who I let buy me lingerie in future, clearly! :laugh: Not that I've got a smart phone, but anyway... Oh fine, I'd love a satin negligee! Its certainly a fun story, thats for sure
High end of definitely enjoyed

Frontend Development

OK, this was sweet, and oh to be in Rose's place, and I can think of a few vintage actresses I'd enjoy being in the Willow role, opposite me. Like the fact its an interesting mix of consensual, and non consensual here
High end of definitely enjoyed

Hostel

I loved the casual way Alice owned up to what she ran, and as we know, its not strictly a hostel! Just a shame I'm far too old, and not attractive enough to get a stay there, I'd love it. Oh, and the whole story is an absolute delight too.
High end of definitely enjoyed. If Alice wants to brainwash me, she can have more

Nani the Fuck

A story of 2 halves. Loved the first half, not keen on the ending, but fine, I'm an old softy that way. But would I wear some of those outfits, you bet I would!
Low end of definitely enjoyed, as compromise

Subroutine (Kallie)

Oh god, so jealous of Harper here. Can someone please provide me with one of those latex suits, and masks, I'd happily put the mask on. And no, its not under my bed, as I have one of those beds with drawers in the bottom, whatever they're called? I loved the whole build here, as to how far Harper would take things, loved it.
High end of definitely enjoyed. If she's gone one more step, would have got more, but I suspect she will.

Last 4 to follow, though one of those is a number of sections, and quite lengthy, so not sure of when
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 04:58:01 pm »
Oh, and double post to cover all the comments.

Yes, it has happened a few times in the past, to put it mildly, both over comments, and spoiler complaints, which is I why I mention actual story content so much less now.

As to the current author, I'll say it once, he attacked at the wrong time, and that was mainly the reason for the outburst as it was. The last few days I've been in even more pain than usual, the back has been really bad, on top of all the brain issues I've got at the moment. And yes, I've got a brain scan on Friday, and however much I might enjoy the 'wired up with multiple electrodes' stuff (oh I will), I have to worry about what they might find. When the best option seems to be 'only epilepsy', thats not great?

ExtantElan, I worked out your stories, and me, werent going to get on, so I stopped reviewing, apologies if that hurts. As Pan will tell you, that doesnt mean I cant get on with people generally, it just helps to cut the workload.

I'm pretty certain I will carry on, unless they decide to put me down on Friday, lol. But yes, thank you for all the support, so much appreciated

Offline Betsy

• Leap before you look.
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 05:19:51 pm »
Thank you, Betsy, for the reviews. In the case of the first story, its not only the commute you might find an issue, the fact that the Club was 'in business' in 1927, and shut down, err, a few years ago, might also be an issue.

That's no problem. I'll use Ryanair.
Leap before you look
The menu is not the meal
--x--
I am one

Offline ExtantElan

• Does it matter?
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2019, 05:22:27 pm »
Oh, and double post to cover all the comments.

Yes, it has happened a few times in the past, to put it mildly, both over comments, and spoiler complaints, which is I why I mention actual story content so much less now.

As to the current author, I'll say it once, he attacked at the wrong time, and that was mainly the reason for the outburst as it was. The last few days I've been in even more pain than usual, the back has been really bad, on top of all the brain issues I've got at the moment. And yes, I've got a brain scan on Friday, and however much I might enjoy the 'wired up with multiple electrodes' stuff (oh I will), I have to worry about what they might find. When the best option seems to be 'only epilepsy', thats not great?

ExtantElan, I worked out your stories, and me, werent going to get on, so I stopped reviewing, apologies if that hurts. As Pan will tell you, that doesnt mean I cant get on with people generally, it just helps to cut the workload.

I'm pretty certain I will carry on, unless they decide to put me down on Friday, lol. But yes, thank you for all the support, so much appreciated

No hurts here, just showing an example where there is no need to hold a grudge. Its all good Merry, be well. Now I have to write a story about a catastrophic fire at a flapper convention... :P

Offline raptor4d4

• I am that guy over there...
    • My Art
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2019, 07:46:13 pm »
Merry, I'm not saying you should stop doing story reviews.  God knows there aren't enough of them out there.  Since I've started writing five years ago people, any sort of feedback I've gotten about my stories has been few and far between.  If you think my stories are bad, feel free to offer comments on how to improve.  If you don't like the overall theme of the story, simply say it's not to your tastes like you did in your "diplomatic" answer and move on.  The purpose of my earlier message was to address the fact that threatening to castrate me because you didn't like the content of my story was not a review or feedback.  It was a threat and that's not acceptable under any circumstances. 

I saw your follow-up message stating that my prior comment came at a bad time.  I'm sorry you're in pain and I genuinely hope that you recover.  Please do continue your work as a reviewer.  As I said, there aren't enough of them out there and I have enjoyed/appreciated your reviews of other stories in the past.  My earlier post was simply to point out that threats of violence against an author serve absolutely no purpose and, if anything, will only deter a writer from continuing to work and improve.  Long time ago a story I posted on AO3 that received a comment where someone told me I should go kill myself.  That comment got me down more than it should have and if not for the support of some good friends who enjoy my work I probably would have quit then and there. 

All I ask is that you please remember to show some tact, especially if you're attempting to offer a review about a story that you really disliked.  Now I hope you have a nice day and recover soon and, if you live in the USA, Happy 4th of July! 

Offline Writer345

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2019, 02:14:49 am »

Long time ago a story I posted on AO3 that received a comment where someone told me I should go kill myself. 

Yes one of my stories, I think it was on Literotica, received a similar comment...

I just posted back saying "You First"...  I never heard from the idiot again!

The one thing that I did notice about the Trolls on Litorotica, they all had the same name --- Anonymous!  And I bet that was the name of the one that had a go at you.

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2019, 10:45:29 am »
I once had a writer tell me that he was going to come and beat me up, for giving a spoiler on his story, even though it was near the end of the week, and most that were going to read it would have read it by then anyway. Funny thing is, he wasnt that far from me, but if he could find me, in the whole of Huddersfield, I'd be impressed! :laugh:

No, Raptor, I'm not in the US, but thanks for the sentiment anyway. I posted a picture on Social Media today (Facebook, and Twitter) of Mae West dressed as the Statue of Liberty, thats my sort of level of 'humour', I'm afraid.

ExtantElan, what would be more interesting to me (and I'm sure a mind control element could be brought in) would be a soul swap into a young flapper's body. It nearly happened to one of my favourite silent movie actresses (that no one has ever heard of), Gertrude Olmstead in a 1925 movie with Lon Chaney, titled The Monster. She was restrained (of sorts) on a table, set to have her soul swapped with another, but was rescued before it happened. But me, swapped into a flapper body like her's, I'd be thrilled!
Now, if you want to turn that concept into a story, I might start reading yours again, lol! Challenge issued? ;)

EEG is tomorrow, sadly only scanning electrodes, not brainwashing ones, but I can dream! :laugh:

Offline ExtantElan

• Does it matter?
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2019, 03:19:39 pm »

ExtantElan, what would be more interesting to me (and I'm sure a mind control element could be brought in) would be a soul swap into a young flapper's body. It nearly happened to one of my favourite silent movie actresses (that no one has ever heard of), Gertrude Olmstead in a 1925 movie with Lon Chaney, titled The Monster. She was restrained (of sorts) on a table, set to have her soul swapped with another, but was rescued before it happened. But me, swapped into a flapper body like her's, I'd be thrilled!
Now, if you want to turn that concept into a story, I might start reading yours again, lol! Challenge issued? ;)

EEG is tomorrow, sadly only scanning electrodes, not brainwashing ones, but I can dream! :laugh:

Who said MC was just for the young?   :P   My preference would just be with the MC without the swap, but whatev's
 It ill be a while, and probably under a different user name (though if you keep doing reviews this won't be a problem). Something you posted a while back struck me, and I have been holding on to the notion for a while though it will be changed by the time you read it.  The roaring 20's egyptology, soul swapping...

Offline strikeThree

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2019, 03:29:55 pm »
Yes one of my stories, I think it was on Literotica, received a similar comment...

The one thing that I did notice about the Trolls on Litorotica, they all had the same name --- Anonymous!  And I bet that was the name of the one that had a go at you.

Literotica definitely has the trolliest commenters of anywhere i post to. Most of them are pretty nice, but a lot of places that sort of "go kill yourself" crowd doesn't even show up at all.

Storiesonline probably has the dumbest ones, though. I'm not fully convinced that a lot of them even read the story they're commenting over.

Fictionmania is easily the nicest. Maybe even too nice.

Mcstories basically doesn't have any, in my recent experience. Everyone stopped using email, or at least emailing me.

Offline Writer345

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2019, 03:30:29 pm »

Who said MC was just for the young?   :P   My preference would just be with the MC without the swap, but whatev's
 It ill be a while, and probably under a different user name (though if you keep doing reviews this won't be a problem). Something you posted a while back struck me, and I have been holding on to the notion for a while though it will be changed by the time you read it.  The roaring 20's egyptology, soul swapping...

This was more or less the plot of "The Pyramids of Mars": a Dr Who adventure staring Tom Baker from back in the 1970's....

Offline CuyahogaKingKong

• Burnin' down the river
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2019, 03:51:31 pm »

Literotica definitely has the trolliest commenters of anywhere i post to. Most of them are pretty nice, but a lot of places that sort of "go kill yourself" crowd doesn't even show up at all.

Storiesonline probably has the dumbest ones, though. I'm not fully convinced that a lot of them even read the story they're commenting over.

Fictionmania is easily the nicest. Maybe even too nice.

Mcstories basically doesn't have any, in my recent experience. Everyone stopped using email, or at least emailing me.

I suddenly started getting some for Crutch.  I think five all together, all friendly and encouraging.  It probably helps that my stories are ridiculously nice, and thus unlikely to provoke rage.  People might roll their eyes at my saccharine nonsense but not take the time to threaten me over it.
https://mcstories.com/Authors/CuyahogaKingKong.html

"Behind (and beneath) your culture creating forebrain, there is an older, simpler monkey brain with a lot less to say and a much louder voice." -Dan Harmon

You. Need. Go. Search. Find. Take. Return. CHANGE.
I have a Patreon!  http://www.Patreon.com/CuyahogaKingKong

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2019, 05:06:29 pm »
Go read about it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monster_(1925_film)

Only snag with the gorgeous Gertrude is that I'd probably have to invite her to try out a handy lesbianator device, but other than that...

Offline 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2019, 06:49:08 pm »

I suddenly started getting some for Crutch.  I think five all together, all friendly and encouraging.  It probably helps that my stories are ridiculously nice, and thus unlikely to provoke rage.  People might roll their eyes at my saccharine nonsense but not take the time to threaten me over it.

How dare you post a great, sweet, sexy, hot hypnosis story?? Why, I oughtta  :grin:

Offline gyrd

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2019, 12:29:25 am »
Go read about it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monster_(1925_film)

Only snag with the gorgeous Gertrude is that I'd probably have to invite her to try out a handy lesbianator device, but other than that...

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TheMonster

Offline Blackie

• There are no free munches.
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2019, 10:19:34 am »
People might roll their eyes at my saccharine nonsense but not take the time to threaten me over it.

As a quality you pique my interest, given how dark my world is for fantasies. Results in a great appreciation of those not as dark as my own.
-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Offline mr potestas

• Embrace our journeys into passion
    • The Realms of Mr. Potestas
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2019, 07:02:59 pm »
Properly Handled (mc mf ff md fd in) (1 new chapter)  by Extantelan
A brother and sister grow closer over a shared love of mind control and other various kinks and perversions.

I genuinely love Kacy's evolution as a character. Maybe "Kitten" was who she was deep down all along, but it did take some nudging for her to get to this point. The mind control was perhaps the key to making her what she now loves being. She does not need to be controlled anymore. Yet, she loves  that control, whether she is actively turning others on or being made to. Easily the hottest of the threesome!

Offline CuyahogaKingKong

• Burnin' down the river
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2019, 09:10:10 am »
People might roll their eyes at my saccharine nonsense but not take the time to threaten me over it.

As a quality you pique my interest, given how dark my world is for fantasies. Results in a great appreciation of those not as dark as my own.

Over the past 20-odd years since I first read The Book (1st mc story I can remember) I've coincidentally been steadily losing the ability to imagine happiness, success, affection, etc in real life.  I've also been losing the ability to connect with real people. As a result I need positive fantasies and over empathize with fictional characters.  Its something In trying to work on and writing has actually been a big help.
https://mcstories.com/Authors/CuyahogaKingKong.html

"Behind (and beneath) your culture creating forebrain, there is an older, simpler monkey brain with a lot less to say and a much louder voice." -Dan Harmon

You. Need. Go. Search. Find. Take. Return. CHANGE.
I have a Patreon!  http://www.Patreon.com/CuyahogaKingKong