Author Topic: Looking for a movie -- Women had insomnia of some sort? Mind Control / Hypnosis?  (Read 2543 times)

Offline mambosup

• I am a llama!
Hello!

I'm looking for a movie I was watching a while ago. The main characters are white.  I forgot the plot but I vaguely remember It was about a women who has problem sleeping --  insomnia or some mental issue i believe. She meets this old doctor (at a Cafe?) who uses these therapy/experimental hypnosis session on her (or was it a software listening cd she used on her laptop?).  He manipulates her mind. I remember a scene where they go to the opera or dinner, they were in a car/limo.  The old doctor/hypnotist likes her and I believe there was a sex scene? Sorry for being so vague but It was a while ago. Thank you in advance! Sorry for being all over the place. 

Offline Ferdinand

Did it involve two women being MC’ed?

Offline mambosup

• I am a llama!
One women I remember. Just the female protagonist. 

Offline GrimTidings

• Lurker
Is it Stalked by my Doctor: Sleepwalker's Nightmare?

The two females in the trailer look very similar (they're sisters). I haven't seen it, though, just this trailer.
Mind Control videos I've reviewed -> here. Analysis is love.

Offline mambosup

• I am a llama!
Just watched the trailer but not the right movie. I believe it was just one female.  The characters are about similar but just One female protagonist. A thriller genre movie.  .  Experimental treatment for mental issues (or Insomnia) involving hypnosis/Brainwashing by a old doctor.  Think the movie was somewhere between 2015-2019 (don't quote me on this but somewhere in the 2000s at least).  Looking through allmovie.com but so far nothing yet. 

It's not Pasture (2020). 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 10:28:07 pm by mambosup »

Offline GrimTidings

• Lurker
Taking another stab at it: The Holly Kane Experiment? This one I did watch when it was on Amazon Prime and it's not insomnia she's suffering from but fear of being as insane as her sister.

Offline mambosup

• I am a llama!
Yes! That was the movie.  I was watching Pasture (2020)and it looked similar to me but I couldn't remember what movie it was just vaguely details. Both movies about the subconscious and experiments being done on it. Couldn't remember but been a few years good to know I remember the year range. Yep. I was thinking insomnia? then I thought mental issues something about the her general psyche. Something about experiment is all i remember.  Thanks GrimTidings!

Offline GrimTidings

• Lurker
You're welcome - apparently doctors, insomnia, and mind control all synergize and make it hard to pick them out of the crowd. I'd never heard of Pasture so thanks for that (I'll watch it if it ever pops up on a streaming service I'm on).

My favorite thing about the Holly Kane movie was how they tricked her into their web. She held all the cards and was on the cusp of revolutionizing anesthesia (at least)... but then along came a spider!