Author Topic: Canadian Talk '90s Talk Show Shirley  (Read 503 times)

Offline Hypno-Canuck

• Those Thrilling Days of Yesteryear
Canadian Talk '90s Talk Show Shirley
« on: December 23, 2022, 05:38:54 pm »
I would have posted this in the Hypnotized Audience thread except that it's a RL example. Back in the early to mid-'90s here in Canada we had a daytime talk show called The Shirley Show. I clearly recall one episode which I didn't get a chance to record at the time, sadly, where she had a hypnotist on. Not sure who, but probably a Canadian. Now, perhaps my memory is cheating me, but I seem to recall in the middle of the episode, the hypnotist did a fairly lengthy (2-4 minutes) segment where he performed a mass hypnotic induction on the studio audience and there were a lot of shots of people sleeping in their seats. I know some countries have regulations about these kind of things, but I know that Messmer and some of the other hypnotists on the various incarnations of Stars Sous Hypnose have done it, so maybe. It might have been suggestibility tests and I misremembered, but I'm not sure. I do seem to remember that Shirley Solomon seemed to recuse herself from it beforehand, though, so that points towards hypnosis. Anyone else ever see this or know where to find it online? Thanks.
"Can I stroke your hypothalamus for a while?

Offline js274

Re: Canadian Talk '90s Talk Show Shirley
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 01:46:08 pm »
I remember channel surfing into this one, but not being near any recording equipment. The 'tist was Boris Cherniak aka the Amazing Boris, and yes, he did a moderate induction on the audience. I also remember him doing it on another show. We didn't seem to be as restrictive (as I was good at surfing into the middle, I also remember some Late night Toronto talk show that featured a full induction and another featuring Bob McLean doing has noon hour show with Vance Romane) The only one that seemed regulated was Reveen).

Offline Hypno-Canuck

• Those Thrilling Days of Yesteryear
Re: Canadian Talk '90s Talk Show Shirley
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 06:21:17 pm »
Thanks. Glad to know I didn't hallucinate this. Checking Cherniak's site, I see a listing for The Shirley Show but his video page doesn't have anything from it. A lot of other talk show hypnosis episodes are available in whole or in part now, but not this one.
"Can I stroke your hypothalamus for a while?