Author Topic: Hope Island episode 16  (Read 799 times)

Offline maeryx3

Hope Island episode 16
« on: October 19, 2021, 07:03:06 am »
At the early 2000s there was this tv series called Hope Island about a priest that lives in a little town in an island. It has this episode where a hypnotist visits the town, he does his act and hypnotised Allison Hossack's character.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604919/?ref_=wl_li_tt

I am looking for that clip since then.

Also in the same episode, Suki Kaiser's character tried to hypnotize the priest. It's a nice FM scene. (At the end it's revealed that the priest faked being hypnotized)

Offline js274

Re: Hope Island episode 16
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 11:45:44 pm »
You're a little off on the storyline (Group of townsfolk including the minister win the lottery but can't find the ticket - minister was holding it, but can't remember what he did with it. Coincidentally, hypnotist comes to town for a performance (accidentally hyp's one of the other characters, but no one notices; secondary subplot ensues. Lottery group gets the hypnotist to try and get minister to recall where the ticket is, but no luck (he didn't want to buy the ticket, as he was opposed to gambling). Since he has to leave, he leaves the minister with a post hypnotic suggestion (a bell ring) that will cause him to tell the truth, so that after he relaxes, he might be in a better state; the only one who can trigger is the "interested female" character. She tries later, but no luck.

I have it on a VHS somewhere, but my converter is down and I haven't had time to repair it. I haven't found it anywhere online unfortunately.