Author Topic: price is right  (Read 2370 times)

Offline zemall

• I am a llama!
price is right
« on: January 04, 2021, 09:52:29 pm »
anyone have the videos were the showcase models were hypnotized? I know it happened on two different occasions

Offline theeyeshavehills

• I am a llama!
Re: price is right
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 01:31:24 am »
I'm curious on the context; why were the girls hypnotized?  Also very interested in finding this if anyone can find this.  I did some Googling, but no luck.

Offline PetefromPetesGirls

• It began 20 years ago with 2 girls & a pocketwatch
    • PetesGirls Training Center
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 05:10:09 am »
I'm guessing it would have to be part of the final showcase segment at the end of the show to present the prizes and played broadly for laughs.
Pete
Owner/Operator, PetesGirls, PetesGirls Training Center, Pete's Toy Box and Fun By The Foot clips stores

Offline PsiLance

• PsiLance: DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 10:41:34 am »
There were two showcases (episodes 9061D and 9273D in 1994) in the 90s where Rod Roddy, the announcer, played around with hypnosis for the showcase and the beauties, stumbling about, were compelled to do something related to the prizes.  The showcases occured in two separate seasons, with the second one involving Gena Lee Nolin's early appearance on the show.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:21:22 pm by PsiLance »

Offline rqeuk

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 01:05:23 pm »

WOW!  I loved watching the Price is Right as a kid when I was sick and staying home from school.  And being a kid with an already burgeoning hypnokink, I did imagine the Price is Right spokemodels being hypnotized.

Not that the following thing will make the last sentence seem any less strange (well, less strange to someone other than the hypnokinksters that are the members this forum), I remember some probably-early-to-mid-1980s paperback book called _Hypnosis: <some subtitle I forget>_ that claimed hypnosis was very commonly used on TV shows to prepare spokesmodels like the _Price is Right_ ones and dancers like the _Solid Gold_ dancers.  (I'm pretty sure _Solid Gold_ was explicitly name-dropped.  I don't think the _Price is Right_ was.)  Now, I must admit even as a kid who read all the hypnosis books he could find (and read quite surreptitiously, I might add... I knew I was doing it for strange, naughty reasons, not legitimate, academic ones), I thought that claim was weird.   I knew models and dancers can professionally *choose* to look a little plastic and vapid since that, alas, is what societally-prevailing beauty standards are.  (I grew up in a progressive household.)   But, man oh man, did that book cause me to stare at many a spokemodel and dancer on TV fantasizing "Wait, is she hypnotized?  She sorta looks hypnotized??  Maybe?!  God, I hope she was hypnotized."

And that's how I became the man you know today.   The moral of the story is: don't let your kids read!  Reading is dangerous!!  ;)

Offline zemall

• I am a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 07:21:48 pm »
I'm curious on the context; why were the girls hypnotized?  Also very interested in finding this if anyone can find this.  I did some Googling, but no luck.

I remember there was some nice zombie walking too

Offline Zombifier

• Swapping heroine gear for 'upgrades' since 1990.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 01:52:10 pm »
If anyone can find those episodes online, you're a better man than me. I've spent the last several hours scouring, and hoooo boy those things just don't seem to exist.

Offline zemall

• I am a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 09:40:43 pm »
If anyone can find those episodes online, you're a better man than me. I've spent the last several hours scouring, and hoooo boy those things just don't seem to exist.

I have looked all over too. Someone posted it on YouTube probably over 10 years ago