Author Topic: New Releases - December 14th 2019  (Read 27430 times)

Offline gyrd

Re: New Releases - December 14th 2019
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 12:23:54 pm »
I bailed on "The Bull" by Limerick.  Not a fan of stories where the men get dumber.  I prefer the Limerick stories that avoid this particular plot point, like "The Man in Room Ten"

Offline BethanyP

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 05:36:41 pm »
Black Swan (mc ff) (1 new chapter)  by nevermind
A secret division of the American intelligence apparatus fights against mind-controlling slavers. When one of their own is compromised and captured, the agents of the division must take action before it is too late.

I thought the new chapters added to nevermind's Black Swan were excellent. I'm always a bit wary about zap mind-control but this story does it very well. The writing is excellent and the way the agents become utterly ruthless slaves ready to do their Mistress' bidding is very hot.

Nice bit of mind-fuckery going on, particularly in the alternative ending.

I completely agree, the alternate ending took the original ending to a whole new level; it might not have been the alternate ending my sappy self was hoping for when I first noticed it was posted, but it was fantastically good and as wonderfully written as the rest of the story.   This is one of those stories that seemingly never let up or even took a breath, so much so that I didn't mind the 'instant' inductions either.

Offline BethanyP

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 05:55:24 pm »
I am so sad to see Wildwood by notorioushypno come to an end, but what a ride and as I think I mentioned before I'm really grateful to whichever one of you commenters said something about this story; I'd totally missed it and it was only thanks to one of the comments here that I went back to read it.  I'm so glad I did, this story did so many things that worked for me - lots of unpredictable (to me at least) plot twists, characters I cared about, and some really really hot mind control, for sure.  My two cents is that I love the 'what happened after' section of the story.  If the characters are interesting at all I always want to know, and this epilogue was even better for having opened up all sorts of new questions.  I really hope we'll see these characters again.  (Oh, and thank you for unexpected mention, notorioushypno, but most of all thank you so much for creating this!)

The second chapter of Thin As Paper, Thick As Blood by conniek is unsurprisingly every bit as good as the first, this is definitely right at the top of my "can't wait for Saturday" list, I love the long slow burn in this one and so well written, it's just relentless.  And it's only one of two really great office MC stories going on, along with The Internship by Greyscribbler.  I really like where this seems to be going and I've a hunch the author isn't going to let himself be hurried.  I'm all for that!

I'm really going to have to set aside more quality reading time next week, between these and a few others. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 07:38:50 pm by BethanyP »

Offline Midori Konton

• Now that I have your attention...
    • Lemma ebooks now available on Smashwords!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 07:25:48 pm »
There is a certain story archetype where a jock gets magically transformed into a female body, and then spends the rest of the story embracing their new social role and exploring their new anatomy. Somewhere in the moments immediately following the transformation, they get hit by mind control to get them over the initial freak-out, but that never comes up again...

That argument has never made any sense to me. Leave out the gender change and this describes about 80% of the bimbofication stories on the site.

More to the point, that's NOT how the rule was applied in the past--it used to be a blanket ban on gender transformations, period, no matter how much other MC it contained. (That's why the last chapter of sara castle's Mindfield was never posted, even though the other chapters had tons of MC, and IIRC that chapter had plenty as well.) I'm very glad to see it loosening to at least allow transgender characters.
Love,

Jenny

MCStories: https://mcstories.com/Authors/Jennifer-Kohl.html
Subscribe for early access and extras! http://sponsus.org/u/jenniferkohl

Offline ghosthostblue

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2019, 07:34:29 pm »
Echoing that the first installment of Flightback has some very effective (and freshly romantic?) hypnotic-state writing going on. It has a soothing tone (not just the trance aspects but the entire opening chapter). Don't know where the story arc is going to take us yet, but it feels like a promising flight is coming.

Offline KhakiAchilles

• Khaki's Arena Winners List
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2019, 01:01:18 am »
Simon's ban on gender change content or TG content or whatever is one of those topics that pops up over and over again here. I can't really think of much that is worth saying about it at this point. I'll never write for the EMCSA again as long as the ban is in place. I almost never read any stories posted there. Simon's site is essentially irrelevant for me at this point, so I don't care.
There were many spectacular vistas of nature, hills, and the ocean that far out in the Outer Periphery. You could cruise through the ghost towns left over from the 1990s or have tea in an old-fashioned coffee shop with a Millennial granny still typing on her laptop. It was nostalgic. No wonder nobody ever came here. But it was cheap living compared to the Edge.
-- KhakiAchilles, Ecosystem

Offline scifiscribbler

• Veering between romantic hypnosis and evil mind co
    • My MC Fic Patreon
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2019, 01:40:00 am »
Simon's ban on gender change content or TG content or whatever is one of those topics that pops up over and over again here. I can't really think of much that is worth saying about it at this point. I'll never write for the EMCSA again as long as the ban is in place. I almost never read any stories posted there. Simon's site is essentially irrelevant for me at this point, so I don't care.

This is a weird thread to be reading in the first place given that data.
Looks like I'm back, baby!

Offline KhakiAchilles

• Khaki's Arena Winners List
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2019, 01:54:43 am »

Maybe the whole MC Forum is a weird thing to be reading. I think I'll spend a week or two away from it.
There were many spectacular vistas of nature, hills, and the ocean that far out in the Outer Periphery. You could cruise through the ghost towns left over from the 1990s or have tea in an old-fashioned coffee shop with a Millennial granny still typing on her laptop. It was nostalgic. No wonder nobody ever came here. But it was cheap living compared to the Edge.
-- KhakiAchilles, Ecosystem

Offline Daisy

• Yes, I'm named after a cow!
    • Find me on EMCSA!
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2019, 03:46:04 am »
Maybe the whole MC Forum is a weird thing to be reading. I think I'll spend a week or two away from it.
the way i understand it, the ban isn't for TG MC content itself but for NC TG stuff that's masquerading as MC stuff with only the faintest layer of MC tossed in and immediately dismissed in favor of the TG NC stuff.
But yeah, bit weird to be reading a thread about what's new om EMCSA if you're boycotting EMCSA.
I知 fairly confident she zapped me, or my brain at least, and those lights... those lights did -something-...
For now, I知 being ignored, still strapped naked and helpless to the chair as several men have joined the good doctor to look at whatever it is they池e looking at on that computer display, muttering to themselves and only occasionally glancing over at my as I知 trying avoid a panic attack.

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2019, 03:55:12 am »
Which is also to say that maybe this topic should be continued in another thread (if at all)

Offline Daisy

• Yes, I'm named after a cow!
    • Find me on EMCSA!
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2019, 04:34:30 am »
Which is also to say that maybe this topic should be continued in another thread (if at all)
I have nothing to add, so a new topic is not required for my benefit.

I'm just stalking this thread because i've been working on something that's horrible and taking the fun out of writing but hopeful that i'll be able to add my other secret idea i haven't told any of you of yet and see my name up on that list in glory again.

does Simon allow for anonymous publishing? like the whole Alan Smithee thing in film?
I知 fairly confident she zapped me, or my brain at least, and those lights... those lights did -something-...
For now, I知 being ignored, still strapped naked and helpless to the chair as several men have joined the good doctor to look at whatever it is they池e looking at on that computer display, muttering to themselves and only occasionally glancing over at my as I知 trying avoid a panic attack.

Offline walter_kovacs

• A.K.A. Alan Smithee on the Archive
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2019, 06:36:42 am »
does Simon allow for anonymous publishing? like the whole Alan Smithee thing in film?

First of all, how dare you.  :grin:

There are presently 47authors listed as "Anonymous-[number]" in the archive. I don't know if these were people who also published under other names, or simply people who never wanted to have a specific identity. I would assume that he's fine with it. But worst case scenario, start another free email address and send it in under a different pseudonym.

Offline greyscribbler

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2019, 07:03:34 am »
The second chapter of Thin As Paper, Thick As Blood by conniek is unsurprisingly every bit as good as the first, this is definitely right at the top of my "can't wait for Saturday" list, I love the long slow burn in this one and so well written, it's just relentless.  And it's only one of two really great office MC stories going on, along with The Internship by Greyscribbler.  I really like where this seems to be going and I've a hunch the author isn't going to let himself be hurried.  I'm all for that!

I'm really going to have to set aside more quality reading time next week, between these and a few others.

Thanks Bethany, glad you're enjoying the story.  The Internship will be 10 parts, so we are almost at the halfway point.

Although I have already promised another reader a spin-off story.

Greyscribbler

Offline StoryFan

• I am a fan of mc stories
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2019, 08:12:01 am »
I don't think I will be truly happy until Amy, Natalie and the probation girl tasked with managing Sophie are all topless and waving their phones at the camera on Sophie's softcore phone sex television show.

Offline connie k

• Professor Rasputin's latest sidekick
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2019, 08:39:59 am »
Thank you, so much, Bethany!

Offline MetaBob

• "Said it's old but it's good"
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2019, 11:47:42 am »
Echoing that the first installment of Flightback has some very effective (and freshly romantic?) hypnotic-state writing going on. It has a soothing tone (not just the trance aspects but the entire opening chapter).

GHB, it absolutely makes my day to see praise for my work from a writer as good as you ... thank you!

Don't know where the story arc is going to take us yet, but it feels like a promising flight is coming.

I'd been leaning away from posting Flightback chapter 2 in the next update because I only have two more ready to go (though I've outlined and/or partially written 2-4 more), as opposed to FIVE more ready to go for Senioritis (with 2-3 more outlined), but I had a good writing day yesterday, and honestly I could post one of each this one time. :-\
My stories on Smashwords, EMCSA, and Literotica. Also, my Goodreads blog.

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2019, 06:01:51 pm »
I regret what I said previously about The Internship, cuz this chapter was great. Definitely eager to see where things go, though knowing that we're not even halfway there yet (until next week that is) I can't help but wonder just what might be left in store. It almost feels like Nichole is pretty far into things already, so unless any remaining changes are drawn out, I can't help but wonder if there's a neat little twist coming up soon. Either way, will be looking forward to the next installment on Saturday!

Also got around to reading Microchip Dissertation right after. There was a lot I really liked about the story. However, much of what happened was a bit too cruel/abusive for my own tastes. I'd say overall I still enjoyed it, though!

It does make me wonder... with the whole 'non-con' idea, is that considered pre- or post-MC? Obviously in the above story, the character is forced to do things she doesn't want to do, and is shown her distaste for the acts. But what about stories where we know a character doesn't want to do something, but through the MC, they are made to want to do it? Is that still classified as 'non-con' in the same way? Or still 'non-con' but in a different way? :thinkingemoji:

Offline Midori Konton

• Now that I have your attention...
    • Lemma ebooks now available on Smashwords!
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2019, 09:24:59 pm »
It does make me wonder... with the whole 'non-con' idea, is that considered pre- or post-MC? Obviously in the above story, the character is forced to do things she doesn't want to do, and is shown her distaste for the acts. But what about stories where we know a character doesn't want to do something, but through the MC, they are made to want to do it? Is that still classified as 'non-con' in the same way? Or still 'non-con' but in a different way? :thinkingemoji:

For purposes of fics, usually that's not considered non-con--changing what the person wants is assumed to be covered by the MC tag, and non-con refers to makign them do stuff they don't want to do.

For purposes of RL hypnoplay, oh yeah, anything like that (insofar as it's possible, which isn't very) is non-con and a big no-no.
Love,

Jenny

MCStories: https://mcstories.com/Authors/Jennifer-Kohl.html
Subscribe for early access and extras! http://sponsus.org/u/jenniferkohl

Offline charleswallace

• Charles Wallace on EMCSA
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2019, 02:35:02 am »
The Bull (mc mf md) (new)  by Limerick
Martin starts a new job, and after he starts using the gym equipment at the office, he finds himself getting very lucky with his new coworkers.

I'm just adding to the pile at this point. This was a fantastic story, even taking the rest of Limerick's catalog into account. All of the characters pop, the plot unfolds like clockwork, and the story just gets hotter and hotter. Also, I'm really digging Limerick's comedic timing lately. There's always been a bit of levity in his stories, but he's been nailing his lighter scenes the last several stories, this story included.

Offline Limerick

• I am a llama!
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2019, 11:54:37 am »
The Bull (mc mf md) (new)  by Limerick
Martin starts a new job, and after he starts using the gym equipment at the office, he finds himself getting very lucky with his new coworkers.

I'm just adding to the pile at this point. This was a fantastic story, even taking the rest of Limerick's catalog into account. All of the characters pop, the plot unfolds like clockwork, and the story just gets hotter and hotter. Also, I'm really digging Limerick's comedic timing lately. There's always been a bit of levity in his stories, but he's been nailing his lighter scenes the last several stories, this story included.

I edited this one a lot which is something I almost never do.

Initially my himbo got more and more aggressive and anger-prone as the story went on. On reflection I switched that entirely -- he starts out angry and ends up a placid wall of muscle. My thinking was that anger is borne out of frustration and by the end Martin had nothing to be frustrated about as life was now lifting weights and getting his dick sucked. As a more general matter, as this was my first real himboization story, I just didn't like him as an angry roid-rager. Obviously himbos can come in many forms but I think I like them most as fun, dim, gentle giants.

Offline Skaetlett

• The business punk femme person.
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2019, 01:28:39 pm »
Also got around to reading Microchip Dissertation right after. There was a lot I really liked about the story. However, much of what happened was a bit too cruel/abusive for my own tastes. I'd say overall I still enjoyed it, though!

Hey thanks for reading! I'm happy you enjoyed it, despite how cruel it was. It's definitely one of the more evil stories I wrote, so it's probably not to everyone's tastes. I'll definitely be writing lighter stuff in the future!

The non-con stuff is... complicated. I always think about tagging my work as NC, because it technically is. (Split Slave was technically a sex slavery story, for instance.) But I never know if it quite fits into the nc category.

Offline Pan

• To live would be an awfully big adventure.
    • My Patreon
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2019, 03:12:17 pm »
I edited this one a lot which is something I almost never do.

I think it really paid off!
Support me on Patreon to read my stories before they go live! http://www.patreon.com/panwhowrites

Check out my Amazon page for all my new work.

Offline ErrantCitizen

• I write stories under notorioushypno
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 08:24:28 am »
I am so sad to see Wildwood by notorioushypno come to an end, but what a ride and as I think I mentioned before I'm really grateful to whichever one of you commenters said something about this story; I'd totally missed it and it was only thanks to one of the comments here that I went back to read it.  I'm so glad I did, this story did so many things that worked for me - lots of unpredictable (to me at least) plot twists, characters I cared about, and some really really hot mind control, for sure.  My two cents is that I love the 'what happened after' section of the story.  If the characters are interesting at all I always want to know, and this epilogue was even better for having opened up all sorts of new questions.  I really hope we'll see these characters again.  (Oh, and thank you for unexpected mention, notorioushypno, but most of all thank you so much for creating this!)

Thanks! Always feels good to read a reaction to a story, but it's particularly nice to read such a positive one! Definitely got some plans for future stories with these characters, but it's not much more than outlines and fragments at this point.
Frying and abiding, I'm in your control
https://mcstories.com/Authors/notorioushypno.html

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 09:12:06 pm »
Starting with Thin As Paper, this story was recommended to me, and I had to go back to read chapter one to catch up. I'll start with my (non)criticisms first to get that out of the way. Nothing wrong with the story itself, but I read this coming off the heals of The Internship, and having two office stories like this, that share a lot of similar elements, seems to result in the two stories getting jumbled in my head. Not a fault of the story itself, of course. It was another enjoyable entry, with some really fun scenes. Well written, and I'll be keen to see where the story goes going forward. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the two straight next week!

I had missed reading Black Swan when it originally came out, for whatever reason. I'm not a particularly fast reader, so even to myself I'd say it's rather surprising that I read what ended up being almost 50k words for one story in a week. But it was another story that I read that was recommended to me. I suppose since I didn't review any of it before, my following review will cover the entire story, instead of just the alternate ending that was posted.

I loved the first six chapters. It was a wonderful tale of a group fighting against an organization, only to be tripped up time after time. The cast was pretty big, but the characters were engaging, and it wasn't hard to begin rooting for them almost right away. The threat of people turning on the group added some nice suspense, and hell, betrayal is one of my favorite things in a story. So really this was all kind of right up my alley.

Which... left me a bit surprised with the way the story turned in the following chapters. Honestly it kind of felt like the story ended with chapter 6, to me. There were some minor world building revelations, but the bulk of it felt a bit copy-paste with the next three chapters. Chapter 10, and the subsequent alternate chapter, did feel a touch different, and I'll go over those in spoilers, as the alternate is new. Just some other quick thoughts, first.

Others brought up the instant induction method, and I'd say I'd have to agree, I wasn't bothered by it. What the characters did afterward was the meat of it anyways, so I don't feel like anything was lost by the methods of the drug itself. One thing that did kind of take me out of the story, though, was how the enslaved people were automatically 'programmed' to be obedient to one person. I think personally I would have preferred perhaps some sort of imprinting used once the person woke up (I think it would have opened to wonderful possibilities) to enslave them to Moreau.

As for the ending:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All in all, like I said, I enjoyed the first half of the story a lot more. Those that love serial recruitment, near-hive-mind scenes of enslavement, would probably love the later, if not all, chapters. The quality is great regardless, and I'm glad to have read through it. Despite the few issues I had, it was still great fun, and I'd recommend it myself.

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2019, 07:55:21 pm »
Rounding out the week with Flightback, just before the next update. Knowing the inspiration for the story, it's nice to see the idea grow into a proper story. Not sure I would have the confidence to write anything with myself as the main character.

As I've mentioned to Mɛta, he has great skill with his writing that I admit I'm a bit envious of. The story is well written with a sweet opening scene with a cared focus on the induction. Those that like pleasant tales will definitely find something to enjoy in this.