Author Topic: New Releases-September 14th, 2019  (Read 9496 times)

Offline ElmerFudd

• I'm a Lama!
New Releases-September 14th, 2019
« on: September 14, 2019, 11:49:42 am »
(NOTE: You can QUOTE this posting, and then copy each set of <Title, Link, Tags, Colors and Description> in one chunk, for use in your review postings here)

You can now download the BBCode version of the What’s New page at https://mcstories.com/WhatsNew.txt

Absence of All Morality (mc mf md) (new)  by browndj98
A man without morals mentally enslaves and fucks an unwilling hair salon owner.

Algorithm (mc ff mf fd md) (1 new chapter)  by Carefully Random
Tiffany’s friends discover the mind blanking capabilities of an audio visual sensory input algorithm.  It isn’t long before they want to know how powerful the algorithm can be, but they will need test subjects: willing or otherwise…

Ashley (mc ma) (1 new chapter)  by Blue Collar Girl
Ashley discovers a pile of goo in her home.

Binding Rings (mc mf md in) (1 new chapter)  by Sidia
A chance discovery changes a young man’s life—and not always for the better.

Black Cats Don’t Take Vacations (mc ff) (new)  by Chrystal Wynd
Anna visits her sister at the University of Chrystal Heights and learns that shoplifting from an arcane stand is a bad idea.

Carrie-Anne (mc mf in be) (new)  by Chrysostomon
A highschooler gets revenge on everyone who bullied her.

The Corruption of Candace Kraft (mc mf md) (1 new chapter)  by scifiscribbler
Dr Kraft is annoyed to have to share her office space with another researcher.

The Crazies (mc mm mf) (new)  by Chrysostomon
A whole town gets turned into fuck-zombies.

Every Woman Has a Price (mc mf ff md) (1 new chapter)  by Redsliver
Owen inherits a set of silver coins from his grandfather that lets him buy anyone.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Con (mc mf md) (new)  by Ice Bear
Corey receives a magic dildo as a gift after saving a mugging victim.

The Girls of S.L.E.E.P. — N.C.U. (mc ff) (new)  by Sleepy Hypno
Rayne, Trisha, Laura, and Eve get set up for the first meeting of the hypnosis sorority, Sigma Lambda Epsilon Epsilon Pi.

Ice & Fire (mc ff) (new)  by Meleva
Two mages, a glaciomancer and a pyromancer, face off for a duel in the woods just beyond their college grounds. Mietelle is tired of losing, but she has a plan in store for Selyana.

Laser Brains (mc ff bd sf) (new)  by Robin Roseau
Marita’s best friend, Jess, talks her into attending an X-rated altered reality event at Laser Brains.

Massaged By My Nerdy Brother (mc mf md in) (1 new chapter)  by BurroGirl18 and Pan
A few innocent massages with her brother go too far.

Remainders (mc ff sf) (revised)  by the hungry ghost
Women find themselves trapped by a weird and mysterious force that seems to control their minds and bodies by putting them together in positions and groupings ideal for storage.

Room With a Secret (mc mf md) (1 new chapter)  by Maximilian Cummings
Young ladies don’t know or can’t remember a room that makes their minds so open to suggestion.

Short Stories with Eve (mc ff mf fd md) (new)  by Hypsan
A series of short vignettes showing the ways that Eve is controlled.

Son of Sleep (mc mf md in sf) (2 new chapters)  by JC Beleren
A high school outcase learns he’s a son of the Greek god Hypnos.

Sovereign (mc ff) (new)  by InLeaves
Giulietta is the heiress of the wealthiest family in Florence. Though still a commoner, she wants uppity princess Alessa out of her town. Alessa has other ideas. Brainwashing ideas.

Split Slave (mc ff ma bd ds hm) (1 new chapter)  by Skaetlett
Delta, a non-binary, kidnapped sex slave with a protective alternate personality, gets auctioned off to a multimillionaire who seems to have more in store than they’re ready for. Their Mistress thinks she knows everything about them and is wrong.

There Was Something Strange Going On At The Office (mc mf md) (new)  by Alan Smithee
After a system update at work, Jenna starts to notice the increasingly unusual behaviour of her coworkers.

Wildwood (mc mf md) (new)  by notorioushypno
A mind control conspiracy spawns small-town hokum, entangling a group of plucky university students, some deadbeat locals, and a team of federal investigators.

Wrong Number (mc mf fd) (new)  by S. B.
A misplaced call is all it takes for Leo Donovan’s life to change forever.

Yesterday Was Just a Dream (mc mf md) (new)  by Jukebox
Emma’s come over to apologize for sleeping with her best friend’s dad... but Tony has some surprising news for her.

Offline 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
Re: New Releases-September 14th, 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:54:01 pm »
Woo hoo!

Offline hypnospects

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 01:05:38 pm »
FINALLY new Algorithm, cant wait to read

Offline CerebusOne

• The Pretty Reckless
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 05:01:30 pm »
You know those stories about work place 'changes' can be so delicious when done right and first time story poster Alan Smithees There Was Something Strange Going On At The Office finds that correct formula. Alan introduces the cast of workers, essential to this kind of story, and then lets the fun slowly percolate like the smell of good coffee in the air. I don't drink coffee but every other human on earth seems to so I thought I would use that to make the point.

I love the Alan does not rush the issue, another essential in my view for this kind of story, but takes it nice and slow as changes begin to creep across the office personnel. And there is a mystery with the visiting Mr. Brown coming. Boy in context of this story the innocuous name Mr. Brown suddenly seems so very ominous.

What lies in story for workers Jenna, Sarah, Rachel and the others? Only Mr. Brown knows. I'm looking forward to finding out.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:26:13 pm by CerebusOne »

Offline Scalar7th

• Listen close... the music has messages
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 05:35:11 pm »
It's a strange feeling, being... Okay, I'll be charitable, and call it "an inspiration."

Regardless, and inasmuch as I have any control over such things, I pretty well have to say Laser Brains isn't Alteration canon. :)

Offline Writer345

• Life is too important to take seriously.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 05:35:38 pm »
Having just read Remainders  by the hungry ghost...  I must say that I am intregued!
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

er, has anyone seen my TARDIS?

Offline walter_kovacs

• A.K.A. Alan Smithee on the Archive
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 06:09:31 pm »
You know those stories about work place 'changes' can be so delicious when done right and first time story poster Alan Smithees There Was Something Strange Going On At The Office finds that correct formula. Alan introduces the cast of workers, essential to this kind of story, and then lets the fun slowly percolate like the smell of good coffee in the air. I don't drink coffee but every other human on earth seems to so I thought I would use that to make the point.

I love the Alan does not rush the issue, another essential in my view for this kind of story, but takes it nice and slow as changes begin to creep across the office personnel. And there is a mystery with the visiting Mr. Brown coming. Boy in context of this story the innocuous name Mr. Brown suddenly seems so very ominous.

What lies in story for workers Jenna, Sarah, Rachel and the others? Only Mr. Brown knows. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Thank you very much for the kind words :)

I've been meaning to complete a story and post to the archive for ~10 years so it feels good to finally just do it! Just reediting and fleshing out based on feedback from the initial draft but should be a smooth rollout over the next week or two for the rest. Hopefully it will also be to your liking  >:D

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 07:02:53 pm »
Is that a new Algorithm I see? Well by golly it is! But then I read it... Honestly I think CR jumped the shark with this one. Really didn't live up to expectations, especially given how long it's been since the previous chapter. Oh well, can't win them all.

Absence of All Morality lives up to the synopsis/title, and then some. The main character is excessively cruel and well... amoral, of course. People that like the more 'pathic stories will probably enjoy it, and given a few changes in characters I probably would have as well. Had some interesting parts, just really no my kind of thing in the end.

I decided to check out Something Strange at the Office (yeah, I'm too lazy to type the whole thing, hehe) due to CerebusOne's recommendation. Promising start, especially for a new author. Welcome, by the way! It's certainly daunting to put something for others to see! Great job with this one. I really liked how clueless the characters were to specific changes, even when suspicious of others. I've been trying to work out a story that involves an office dynamic. Part of me would hope that it would turn out similar to this, but now I'm a bit worried that it'll fee like I'm copying xD Anyways, hope to see more soon!

Wrong Number was a delicious little short! Leo must be one grumpy dude in general. I can't imagine reacting that way if I were to get a call like that. I'd probably be more confused than anything, especially given the time this occurred. Maybe even a bit interested to hear what she had to say =P

And yes, I'm of course joking about Algorithm. As lovely as ever, and such a tantalizing note to end on. So amused by the run-on sentences from Hannah, I can practically hear her voice in my head while reading. How does someone say that much on just one breath? And now I have to try to figure out who it was at the end... But more importantly...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline walter_kovacs

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 08:40:37 pm »
Thanks Shadra!

To the people who have submitted stories in the past - does Simon permit the use of Bold text as well as Italics? I initially marked up the document I sent with both separately but it came out as all italics in the end. Not a big fuss but I can plan around it in future if it can't be done, since it has created a few small glitches in the text that got published, lol.

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 09:06:50 pm »
I don't think I ever used bold in any of my stories. Can't think of a reason why it would be removed, but at the same time I can't recall a story that had bold text either. All this to say... I'm not sure.

Offline fumanchu

• AKA eviltwinmordred
    • Eviltwinmordred’s DA Page
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 10:00:25 pm »
Enjoyed the latest “Algorithm”.  As much as I love trance scenes, CR expertly builds tension with great discipline.
"The World shall hear from me again."
Visit me at www.deviantart.com/eviltwinmordred

Offline Chrystal Wynd

• Welcome to Chrystal Heights
    • Welcome to Chrystal Heights
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 10:03:21 pm »
To the people who have submitted stories in the past - does Simon permit the use of Bold text as well as Italics? I initially marked up the document I sent with both separately but it came out as all italics in the end. Not a big fuss but I can plan around it in future if it can't be done, since it has created a few small glitches in the text that got published, lol.

He may have just missed it, Walter. Were you consistent in how you showed italics/bold? Sometimes the program he uses to format the stories can get formatting a little wonky, particularly if the markings aren't consistent. He's usually good about fixing them if you let him know about it (politely).
I also post stories under the writing name of "Dark Wynd".

My website: www.chrystalwynd.com
My Tumblr: //chrystalwynd.tumblr.com/
I am on BDSMLR dot com as 'Chrystal Wynd' also.

Offline nametag

• I am a llama!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 10:05:19 pm »
I kind of think this was the best chapter of Binding Rings so far, but the author kind of painted themselves into a corner. Emma is getting a ring 1 way or another and I think that will kind of wreck the vibe when that happens

Offline BethanyP

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
More Algorithm!  It was so worth the wait, but of course now there's an even more agonizing cliffhanger to deal with.
 Why would I have ever thought otherwise?  No matter ... I have a strong feeling that virtually any of the myriad possibilities will be a lot of fun, in CR's hands.  Thank you, again, CarefullyRandom!

Offline walter_kovacs

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 10:13:41 pm »

He may have just missed it, Walter. Were you consistent in how you showed italics/bold? Sometimes the program he uses to format the stories can get formatting a little wonky, particularly if the markings aren't consistent. He's usually good about fixing them if you let him know about it (politely).

Yeah I used HTML markup in a plain text file and was consistent with it, but he has a ton of work to do each week so I understand not noticing that it's b tags rather than i tags in some cases. I've certainly made far worse mistakes in my day job  let alone stuff I do for free :grin:  I've sent a message to ask about it, hopefully it'll be cleared up eventually. It's still readable in it's current format so not a major problem.

Offline Writer345

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:22 am »

I asked Simon this question when I first submitted a story last year...  Basicly he informed me that it was not good writing practice....

However, I do embolden subheadings inside chapters, the way to indicate 'bold' is similar to itallics but with a 'b' instead of an 'i'  I tried to illustrate this but the forum software interpreted it as a command.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:39:58 am by Writer345 »

Offline walter_kovacs

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2019, 03:09:31 am »

I asked Simon this question when I first submitted a story last year...  Basicly he informed me that it was not good writing practice....

However, I do embolden subheadings inside chapters, the way to indicate 'bold' is similar to itallics but with a 'b' instead of an 'i'  I tried to illustrate this but the forum software interpreted it as a command.

No worries, I'm a front end developer so marking it all up was second nature. I'd be happy to just send him a final HTML file to host so he didn't have to do any work if he'd be amenable  :grin:

Offline Writer345

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2019, 04:16:56 am »

No worries, I'm a front end developer so marking it all up was second nature. I'd be happy to just send him a final HTML file to host so he didn't have to do any work if he'd be amenable  :grin:

Why not email him with your offer?

Offline walter_kovacs

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2019, 05:46:16 am »
Wrong Number by S.B.

It was building up nicely, but ended too soon, in my opinion! Was hoping that the final scene would run longer and go more into the character's pov through the experience. Worth a read.

Why not email him with your offer?

I'll wait for his response to the earlier question before I get too far ahead of myself, but it might be a solid plan.

Offline SB

• Simple Being
    • Spell... B-O-U-N-D
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 02:21:44 pm »

Wrong Number was a delicious little short! Leo must be one grumpy dude in general. I can't imagine reacting that way if I were to get a call like that. I'd probably be more confused than anything, especially given the time this occurred. Maybe even a bit interested to hear what she had to say =P

Thank you. Delicious is a delicious word. Agreed on Leon being grumpy but hey, not every protagonist has to a) be likable; b) enjoy the prospect of being dominated. Not sure how I would react if this happened to me for real though.

Wrong Number by S.B.

It was building up nicely, but ended too soon, in my opinion! Was hoping that the final scene would run longer and go more into the character's pov through the experience. Worth a read.

My thanks to you as well. I see what you mean with the idea of having more "run time" at the end and I might eventually add it in the future as it wouldn't be the first time I revisited other pieces under similar circumstances. Who knows, really? Time is my worst enemy at the moment though with my current job and everything I add to my personal site on a daily basis so...
Visit my personal website - Spell... B-O-U-N-D.

Like my work? Support my Patreon

Check out my Amazon page or my Smashwords page.

Offline me-chan

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 08:16:12 pm »
Girls of S.L.E.E.P. by Sleepy Hypno was a nice collection of characters the author has been building on to starting a hypno sorority. Nice to see one of my favorite characters of his, Rayne, getting even more active, and the group as a whole organizing and hypnotizing together. Loved the multiple hypnotist concocting a spell to create a new one. As this is chapter 1, can't wait to see where all of this goes.

Meleva's Ice & Fire really run with the elemental rivalry angle I love in fiction, and bring it to a wonderful story where for once, the ice character takes more of the focus, and uses everything she's got to powerful and seductive effect. Also one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen described in an EH story; really adds to the feel and belivability.

And it's been a while since I've read S.B.'s Wrong Number story I think, so coming back to it fresh was fun. Love how the Mistress turned an accident into an opportunity like that. A brief, enjoyable story the author concocted here. Would kind of love to see the concept continue, a Mistress clumsy with contact information, but that's why her stable gets as big as it does.

Offline SB

• Simple Being
    • Spell... B-O-U-N-D
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 03:54:46 pm »
(...)

And it's been a while since I've read S.B.'s Wrong Number story I think, so coming back to it fresh was fun. Love how the Mistress turned an accident into an opportunity like that. A brief, enjoyable story the author concocted here. Would kind of love to see the concept continue, a Mistress clumsy with contact information, but that's why her stable gets as big as it does.

Thank you. I suppose the bigger the harem, the easier it is to be clumsy handling things. No promises regarding using the concept again or expanding it at the moment, but never say never.
Visit my personal website - Spell... B-O-U-N-D.

Like my work? Support my Patreon

Check out my Amazon page or my Smashwords page.

Offline sleepyhypno

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 03:09:21 pm »

Girls of S.L.E.E.P. by Sleepy Hypno was a nice collection of characters the author has been building on to starting a hypno sorority. Nice to see one of my favorite characters of his, Rayne, getting even more active, and the group as a whole organizing and hypnotizing together. Loved the multiple hypnotist concocting a spell to create a new one. As this is chapter 1, can't wait to see where all of this goes.

Thank you!  I'm glad you liked it  >:D

Offline mr potestas

• Embrace our journeys into passion
    • The Realms of Mr. Potestas
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 02:10:15 pm »
Ashley (mc ma) (1 new chapter)  by Blue Collar Girl
Ashley discovers a pile of goo in her home.

It’s been more than a while, but am more than happy to see this story continue. Ashley has changed quite a bit since chap 1, and it’s interesting to see the conflict from a more or less objective point of view. Her mind is being adjusted on the fly, but we are aware she is not fully aware. Well, maybe this segment ran kinda slowly, if I may have at least one nitpick. It is still interesting to see her outlook shifting beyond her control.

Offline 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2019, 11:11:24 am »
I've been so behind on everything (including my own writing!), but here are some reviews, perhaps set to the tune* of "The Tomfoolery of Professor John Frink":

Algorithm continues to be great (my efforts to correctly spell 'algorithm' on the first try, on the other hand, do not).
Here, Tiffany gets to deal with The Aftermath, Part 2, as well as a well-meaning but very annoying flatmate. If only the machinery were portable, ha! Erin and Tiffany's meeting was full of tension and suspense, with a surprising ending. And then we get a second surprising ending heaped on top of that to close the chapter!
(Future me chimes in with: "I called it! For once I actually called it!")

Son of Sleep continues its twin-story structure to great effect, especially when the two plot lines merge again at, of all places, a gym? I guess you have to pump a lot of iron to have the body of a Greek god, even if you are a Greek god!  :)  I'm not a big fan of incest scenes, but the one in this week's update made sense in the story, so no worries there.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wildwood offers a diabolical mind control conspiracy? Ooh, count me in! There's plenty here to like, and I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.
(Future me chimes in with: "Actually, two chapters!"

Now to dive into this week's stories!

*Professor Frink, Professor Frink.
He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think.
He likes to run and then the thing with the.. person...