Author Topic: New Releases - June 29th 2019  (Read 24542 times)

Offline Blackie

• There are no free munches.
Re: New Releases - June 29th 2019
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2019, 10:12:16 am »
I've also been losing the ability to connect with real people. As a result I need positive fantasies and over empathize with fictional characters.  Its something In trying to work on and writing has actually been a big help.
I'm jaded myself. In addition to the depth of the abyss, I'm also a friggin' romantic sap. Positive stuff to be had in romantic comedy, after all.

I'm glad writing is helping.
-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Offline ExtantElan

• Does it matter?
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2019, 10:38:21 am »
To Mr.Potestas:

Glad you like her, but who doesn't like a ride or die chick with a freaky side.
:)
 I will say, as the story is about down to the finish line, she is actually spun out of Bobbi. One late night writing session took an odd turn and Bobbi exhibited some of the characteristics that Kacy has and while I then realized that my subconscious had been telling me all along I needed a third character and she needed to be X, which would also allow Bobbi to be the loveably flawed sexpot she is now. That's all I can say for  the time being, but it is good to hear you are enjoying it so far.

Offline 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2019, 11:48:34 am »
I never thought that I'd get to review a Robotunit8 story, much less three of them!  :)

Stuck in the Past
I love the idea of "historical" mind control and diabolical brainwashing conspiracies; I'd love to write one of my own one of these days. This one is short and sweet, and our protagonist suffers the added embarrassment of being programmed to forget all about it and then, years later, suddenly having it all come back to her! I do love how the secret club just... ends. Were they raided by the feds? Did they feel the heat from some supers? Did the place just fail to make rent, like the coffee shop down the street from me? If I missed a clue, don't tell me- I like the story this way! :)

A Whole Different Look
Ah, secret agents and mind control! And a fantastic identity-changing invention that our heroine gets to try out, in more ways than one! Is it too much to hope that we'll see more of this in a future River City story?

Walking on Sunshine
One wonders if one of the -ahem- "talent scouts" on the beach that day would later go on to discover Rita Hayworth herself ("I've been looking for you for years- you still look great!" A fun afternoon at the beach, with many nods to the reader. Cannot imagine who this "other crazy woman" is, but I'm sure that I'll enjoy her stories as well!

Offline Merry Brooks

• 20's and 30's chorus girl. Twitter @Harleanlook
    • a robot wannabee's blog
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2019, 05:03:59 pm »
I never thought that I'd get to review a Robotunit8 story, much less three of them!  :)

Stuck in the Past
I love the idea of "historical" mind control and diabolical brainwashing conspiracies; I'd love to write one of my own one of these days. This one is short and sweet, and our protagonist suffers the added embarrassment of being programmed to forget all about it and then, years later, suddenly having it all come back to her! I do love how the secret club just... ends. Were they raided by the feds? Did they feel the heat from some supers? Did the place just fail to make rent, like the coffee shop down the street from me? If I missed a clue, don't tell me- I like the story this way! :)

A Whole Different Look
Ah, secret agents and mind control! And a fantastic identity-changing invention that our heroine gets to try out, in more ways than one! Is it too much to hope that we'll see more of this in a future River City story?

Walking on Sunshine
One wonders if one of the -ahem- "talent scouts" on the beach that day would later go on to discover Rita Hayworth herself ("I've been looking for you for years- you still look great!" A fun afternoon at the beach, with many nods to the reader. Cannot imagine who this "other crazy woman" is, but I'm sure that I'll enjoy her stories as well!

If you like to think that way, lets just say the Crash killed off the business in Stuck In The Past,, as there would have been less wealthy clients after that event. The truth, I think they made business in a city for a few months, then when it started to get looked into, they moved elsewhere.
A Whole different skin, well, given JD came up with the idea initially, he may be planning to use it, but I cant speak for him. But fine, I wanted to give it a go before retiring, but thought making it the trial version, he can tweak it as he desires.
As to the crazy woman in Walking In Sunshine, I had to give myself one last cameo, lets face it. There are nearly 90 other stories on the archive by her, so if you do some back reading...?
Find my stories at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/merrybrooks
Find my blog at http://robotunit8.wordpress.com/
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2019, 05:04:21 pm »
And so to complete. Bit different set up, and longer than usual

Starting with the 3 standard ones

Amareth Falls

OK, fine, hot button pusher! That latex bodysuit, and hood sound absolutely amazing, to be honest. Well, maybe not the anal fitting, but otherwise (and yeah, I'd live with it if I had to)...But its not only that, I loved Sylphi as a character, she was brilliant. Sad back story, but if you want AI with attitude, she's the one! Great story as whole, so...
Low end of much enjoyed

Atonement (Half Shim)

And yes, my only possible complaint about this is chapter lengths! I'd rather go there, without causing a crime, but other than that... Great story line, great characters, and as for the milking process, well...
High end of definitely enjoyed, and yes, that is marked down for length

Sleeping Dogs

Story line really wasnt my scene, and really, really needs a major edit. If you can ignore the edit issue, and enjoy humiliation, its for you
No rating, tastes issue

And now to the variation on a formula

River City Stories, Volume 4

Let me say that the only story here I didnt really enjoy, was Kindred Spirit. Betsy will know why, way to many deaths, and I'm a sensitive old soul on those matters. Fine, the character of Harley Carpenter made me laugh, all the same. Other than that, all the stories not written by me (I am not narcissistic) are really good in their ways, and well worth reading if you get the time, and havent done so already. Because so chapter is over 10 K, I'll give it high end of definitely enjoyed

As to mine, as mentioned, thats it for me, shortly of medical miracles being done. And fine, I'm an old softy, wanted both of my characters to go out having fun, though I gather that wont last long for Robbie at least. I've wanted to do something with Native American people, and JD and I had been talking about the Adjustment Skins, I got approval, and went with it. She wasnt originally going to Hawaii, was going to Alaska, but I found Hawaii on Google translate, but not Inuit, so...
As to Billie, I wanted to go back to the 20's with her, she is meant to be Flapper Girl, after all! And yes, I wanted to make the marriage formal too! I have no idea if when she gets written about again by others, they will use her maiden name, or her married one, not for me to decide. :angel:

I also want to thank again all those that have read my 'rubbish' over nearly 20 years for putting up with all my stuff, an awful lot of wish fantasy in there! The reviews will continue for now, as will the 55 word stuff at the Garden, but that will be it. Sorry, ability to focus is busted, a hazard of my brain going slightly AWOL, so I'm taking the hint

Oh, and finally, as always, thats all for this update, thanks as always to all authors, reviewed or not
My ratings system explained  http://www.mcforum.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=28857.msg437815
Kofi account for review rewards, and general support (disabled): https://ko-fi.com/merrybrooks

Offline SB

• Simple Being
    • Spell... B-O-U-N-D
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2019, 05:56:17 pm »

The Ultimate Rush

Yes, be careful who with, and where you play hide and seek lol. And yes, again, that vampire could take me anytime she wished. A great build, to the inevitable fd climax. This is fun, I must say
High end of definitely enjoyed

My sincerest apologies for the late reply, dear, but work has been crazy as of late and I won't be getting off days for a while. I'm glad you enjoyed this little dream-like femdom/horror piece. Fun is always good. Thank you.
Visit my personal website - Spell... B-O-U-N-D.

Like my work? Support my Patreon

Check out my Amazon page or my Smashwords page.

Offline greyscribbler

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 07:12:15 pm »

Let me say that the only story here I didn't really enjoy, was Kindred Spirit. Betsy will know why, way too many deaths, and I'm a sensitive old soul on those matters. Fine, the character of Harley Carpenter made me laugh, all the same. Other than that, all the stories not written by me (I am not narcissistic) are really good in their ways, and well worth reading if you get the time, and haven't done so already. Because no chapter is over 10 K, I'll give it high end of definitely enjoyed

Thanks Merry. And thanks to JD for asking me to contribute.  I'd never tried writing int he superheroine genre before, so wasn't sure how I'd go.  I might try it again.

Greyscribbler

Offline Betsy

• Leap before you look.
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2019, 11:21:00 am »

Let me say that the only story here I didnt really enjoy, was Kindred Spirit. Betsy will know why, way to many deaths, and I'm a sensitive old soul on those matters. Fine, the character of Harley Carpenter made me laugh, all the same. Other than that, all the stories not written by me (I am not narcissistic) are really good in their ways, and well worth reading if you get the time, and havent done so already. Because so chapter is over 10 K, I'll give it high end of definitely enjoyed

As to mine, as mentioned, thats it for me, shortly of medical miracles being done. And fine, I'm an old softy, wanted both of my characters to go out having fun, though I gather that wont last long for Robbie at least. I've wanted to do something with Native American people, and JD and I had been talking about the Adjustment Skins, I got approval, and went with it. She wasnt originally going to Hawaii, was going to Alaska, but I found Hawaii on Google translate, but not Inuit, so...
As to Billie, I wanted to go back to the 20's with her, she is meant to be Flapper Girl, after all! And yes, I wanted to make the marriage formal too! I have no idea if when she gets written about again by others, they will use her maiden name, or her married one, not for me to decide. :angel:

I also want to thank again all those that have read my 'rubbish' over nearly 20 years for putting up with all my stuff, an awful lot of wish fantasy in there! The reviews will continue for now, as will the 55 word stuff at the Garden, but that will be it. Sorry, ability to focus is busted, a hazard of my brain going slightly AWOL, so I'm taking the hint

Thanks for ploughing through it and reporting on it, Merry. At least you liked Vampires. And FYI, my story 61 Days in River City was originally intended for this anthology, but I sort of got carried away with it. And, as you say, the other stories in this anthology are well worth reading.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 02:55:38 pm by Betsy »
Leap before you look
The menu is not the meal
--x--
I am one

Offline Half Shim

• Shocking.
    • Shimmed Tales
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 12:09:25 am »
And so to complete. Bit different set up, and longer than usual

Starting with the 3 standard ones

Amareth Falls

OK, fine, hot button pusher! That latex bodysuit, and hood sound absolutely amazing, to be honest. Well, maybe not the anal fitting, but otherwise (and yeah, I'd live with it if I had to)...But its not only that, I loved Sylphi as a character, she was brilliant. Sad back story, but if you want AI with attitude, she's the one! Great story as whole, so...
Low end of much enjoyed

Atonement (Half Shim)

And yes, my only possible complaint about this is chapter lengths! I'd rather go there, without causing a crime, but other than that... Great story line, great characters, and as for the milking process, well...
High end of definitely enjoyed, and yes, that is marked down for length

Sleeping Dogs

Story line really wasnt my scene, and really, really needs a major edit. If you can ignore the edit issue, and enjoy humiliation, its for you
No rating, tastes issue

And now to the variation on a formula

Oh, and finally, as always, thats all for this update, thanks as always to all authors, reviewed or not

That's always the problem, isn't it? I get a good idea and it turns into a novel. I'll have to work on making more shorts without trying to expand them into something large. But... I'm still working on Atonement. Hopefully should be all done in the next month.

Offline Merry Brooks

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 09:31:26 am »
I have to be fair to all, so therefore any update of more than 10 K automatically gets a 1 notch markdown. Its purely because of trying to read a lot of stories in a short period, thats all

Offline Half Shim

• Shocking.
    • Shimmed Tales
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:52 pm »
I have to be fair to all, so therefore any update of more than 10 K automatically gets a 1 notch markdown. Its purely because of trying to read a lot of stories in a short period, thats all

Fair enough. :)