Author Topic: New Releases - Saturday, April 27th, 2019  (Read 29568 times)

Offline fumanchu

• AKA eviltwinmordred
    • Eviltwinmordred’s DA Page
Re: New Releases - Saturday, April 27th, 2019
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2019, 05:41:15 pm »
Well, since Shadra is rightfully praising 321, we need to recognize her “Following Her Dream” is right up there.  What she shares with “Amnesiac”, “Hostel”, and Cerebus’s “Bloodsport” is honest rumination about consequences of decisions made, especially on the enslaved.  Shadra also looks on the consequences on the controller.  Like those other writers, she does it while still telling a great story.

Shadra, sorry it took me this long to read the story and catch up with it.  Definitely my loss.

Also great reference in your story to one of the above tales.

"The World shall hear from me again."
Visit me at www.deviantart.com/eviltwinmordred

Offline Shadra

• Retired one-hit wonder
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2019, 08:21:11 pm »
Well, since Shadra is rightfully praising 321, we need to recognize her “Following Her Dream” is right up there.  What she shares with “Amnesiac”, “Hostel”, and Cerebus’s “Bloodsport” is honest rumination about consequences of decisions made, especially on the enslaved.  Shadra also looks on the consequences on the controller.  Like those other writers, she does it while still telling a great story.

Shadra, sorry it took me this long to read the story and catch up with it.  Definitely my loss.

Also great reference in your story to one of the above tales.

Gahhh, you flatter me way too much. Thank you, I mean it.

And yes, I'm very proud of that scene, and grateful for 321 for allowing me to use it!

Offline Akisa

• Hello beings on screen's otherside
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2019, 10:47:11 pm »
Thanks, Akisa! Glad you're enjoying them ^_^

Not at all, your stories have a solid and well-constructed structure, usually. It is good to be able to read such a constant author with good quality in MC.  :)
You can already feel the goddess flow through and around you, like a liquid, a smell, a moment lost in time.

Diary of a Hypnotist

Greek Goddess

Offline 321

• Llamas, I say, llamas!
    • I've finally got a DeviantArt page!
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2019, 09:52:10 am »
Hostel (mc ff) (new)  by 321
Rebecca’s trip to Berlin takes an interesting turn.

This may be part of a larger stoyline I haven't been following, but this worked on its own, as promised. The horror film of the same name easily comes to mind. Of course, a "hostel" is pretty much just another name for a bed and breakfast not unlike Bates Motel :P The reverse psychology point is that this did not have to be some slasher story, but lodging is a pretty good framing for any travel-oriented story. As for the characters, they were fun and nicely crafted. Even if it didn't really grab me by the end, I enjoyed what I read.

Thanks, Mr Potestas! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I'd forgotten all about the horror movie of the same name, and when I scrolled down the list of 'H' stories in the Archive, I was surprised that no one had taken that title yet. Perhaps that is why!  :)

Thank you again, Merry and Shadra. You made me blush.  :)  And while I'm here, I will also encourage everyone to check out Following Her Dream. The characters are great, the writing is great, the scenes are hot, and as fumanchu noted, there are some wonderfully-written scenes where both victims and controllers have to grapple with what they've done, or with what has been done to them (or both!). I am forever looking forward to reading the next chapter.